• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Another ES Refugee has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my intent wasn't to drag anyone else in. Surely wasn't to get anyone banned, and i'm aware you all said what you said because you believe it and you wanted to say it, but I clearly got the ball rolling.

Above all my intent wasn't to bring it here.

All I wanted to do was state my opinion and watch the predictable responses from the mods.

What a shame. Oh well, some off season entertainment I suppose...

I don't get it. I don't get the vitriol from either side. It's just drama that I would hope great people on both sides would stay out of. No reason for a lot of the stuff that's been said.

This is something that is not of your doing. Look at the responses throughout this thread - right here, not the thread over there. Here, you have mature responses and reasonable discusssion. Over there, you have members who are jumping in and acting very juvenile - although, there are some exceptions.

That is the difference.

I stopped raising my child a number of years ago when she became an adult. No need to try and do that with a bunch of wise-cracking kids elsewhere.

So don't feel bad - I have your back. That goes for anyone in this thread and who are members of this place we call home.

if you have nothing to do with it then you shouldnt care about it.

everything I said, disappointing you or not, was meant and something that was meant to be said for a long time. and after they went after HH I decided to do it.

But saying you are disappointed when you arent even a part of it is actually the drama, not the words between the parties themselves.

Just as you're entitled to expletive tirades, I'm entitled to voice my disappointment in both forums. You don't like my opinion, that's no skin off my back. I respect your desire to cut the BS and lay it out there straight. I would hope that someone who does that is also open to someone not liking the way things are going from either side of the debate.

And I respect that, Mike, I really do. But don't take my opinion personally. It's not just about you... Or anyone here or there. It's about two groups that I consider great. I read here a lot and contribute where necessary. I post more there but make no mistake I read both forums regularly. I'm caught dead in the middle even though I don't have a horse in the race.

Since I am a moderator here, and since what you guys say over there referencing this board therefore reflects on me, I am, unfortunately, in the middle of this. I just havent decided what to say beyond what I already have.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
How about letting it play out? Perhaps we're at a point where things need to be stated (much like Goal did today) and some serious reflection is pondered. It was bound to happen at some point and now, in the offseason, is probably a defining moment in time for both places.

When you consider the commonalities of both forums and how each other is related in some way, we had to figure that this would occur. We can choose to have many good things come from it or have a lot of negatives. Let's see where it goes and try to focus on the positives.

I'm going to shut this down now.

I love the community we have going here. I'd point out that a number of folks labelled 'bad influences' elsewhere somehow seem to thrive here. Why is that? I would like to think it's not because those folks suddenly embrace Christianity or undergo Exorcism, but rather because we have a fair environment here and quietly hold people accountable, vs. trying to publically humiliate and chastise them when they screw up. We hardly ever even find a reason to 'moderate' here. There's no 'mob mentality' here.

We've gone out of our way to not engage in inter-site bull**** or antagonism. That's just a fact. We will continue to do so. Because we're grown-ups. This site isn't about perfect members. But it IS about members. That means we will speak to folks when we feel they aren't living up to the standards of the community, but we will do it respectfully. If we 'moderate', we'll do it behind the scenes and with respect.

That's who we are.

As for the rest of the Redskins web-o-sphere... Here's to our Redskin's fan brothers and sisters :cheers: Beyond that, we like to save the drama for our momma's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.