• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This game could NOT have summed up the 'abandon the run' issue better.

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
You're missing the forest for the trees, T. Either that, or you're arguing just to argue at this point, and completely ignoring our side of it.

You're missing the forest for the trees, T. Either that, or you're arguing just to argue at this point, and completely ignoring our side of it.

I'm not arguing just to argue.
our offense put 3 poitns on the board with a completely ballanced attack.

you people saying we 'got away from what was working' have no idea what you're talking about. it couldn't be any more clearer that what we did for 3 quarters wasn't working.

the only thing that's clear is that you have an agenda against kyle shanahan. you do this every time the redskins lose, and you use the most ridiculous arguments to support it. it's complete and utter nonsense.

3 points through 3 quarters.

was working so well that'd put us at bottom of the league every game. what were we thinking 'getting away' from that? 4 points a game, thats what we should strive for.

you guys sure know better than kyle shanahan.

It's pretty simnple to me and it seems to be completely missed throughout this thread.

We WERE winning after 3 quarters and the one thing that changed was RG got hurt. Granted they weren't setting the world on fire offensively but RG goes out of bounds and it's a lot more likely we win that game.

Put me down as another who has no problems with offensive play calling, with a sieve of an O line and Garcon clearly not 100% in addition to still breaking in a rookie QB I'm pretty pleased. It's the defensive play calling that is in sore need of an overhaul IMO.

I agree Ax, Aldrick would have been a far better choice in better weather conditions.

I remember Coach Gibbs calling a reverse against the Green Bay Packers the day ST intercepted Favre a few times. He ran Santana Moss on a reverse in the cold, rainy weather. It was a fumble and a TD return for Green Bay. Poor play call and they won the game. The reverse is not a good play call, it rarely works for big gains today because of the speed on the defenses in today's NFL. It was a poor play call, especially on a field with poor footing.
When they ran the reverse, I too immediately thought, "WTF are you running a reverse for?" So, trust me, I am a George Allen/Joe Gibbs/run first disciple. I just don't think it was retarded. Now, had it been a repeat of the one you mentioned from years ago, I would agree. As it was, it gained a couple yards, and makes the defense have to honor it. It was a net positive play.

I also don't give two ****s what statistics say. I have "felt" at times, that Kyle gets away from the run, when he shouldn't. Never got that feeling Sunday.

So IMO, to state, as this thread title does, that last week was somehow a textbook example of abandoning the run, is utterly ridiculous.

That is my main point in this particular thread.

I'm not arguing just to argue.
our offense put 3 poitns on the board with a completely ballanced attack.

This statement proves you're not even reading I'm posting.

you people saying we 'got away from what was working' have no idea what you're talking about. it couldn't be any more clearer that what we did for 3 quarters wasn't working.

No idea what we are talking about? Reading your responses to specific statements show me you have zero reading comprehension, so I guess we're at a stalemate. I don't know what I'm talking about, and you can't comprehend it anyway. So let's just drop it, shall we?

the only thing that's clear is that you have an agenda against kyle shanahan. you do this every time the redskins lose, and you use the most ridiculous arguments to support it. it's complete and utter nonsense.

3 points through 3 quarters.

was working so well that'd put us at bottom of the league every game. what were we thinking 'getting away' from that? 4 points a game, thats what we should strive for.

you guys sure know better than kyle shanahan.

One of us abandoned the run against a team that can't stop it, the other hasn't been given a shot yet. You guys will be the first to know when Snyder calls me to be the OC. :)

When they ran the reverse, I too immediately thought, "WTF are you running a reverse for?" So, trust me, I am a George Allen/Joe Gibbs/run first disciple. I just don't think it was retarded. Now, had it been a repeat of the one you mentioned from years ago, I would agree. As it was, it gained a couple yards, and makes the defense have to honor it. It was a net positive play.

I also don't give two ****s what statistics say. I have "felt" at times, that Kyle gets away from the run, when he shouldn't. Never got that feeling Sunday.

I did.

So IMO, to state, as this thread title does, that last week was somehow a textbook example of abandoning the run, is utterly ridiculous.

That is my main point in this particular thread.

Textbook example of abandoning the run? Not sure where it says that, please enlighten me. I said this game highlighted what I was talking about in the Cincinatti game perfectly. I even put "abandon the run" in quotations in the title.

I have reading comprehension problems?

whatever you say lanky.

Duly noted.

Textbook example of abandoning the run? Not sure where it says that, please enlighten me. I said this game highlighted what I was talking about in the Cincinatti game perfectly. I even put "abandon the run" in quotations in the title.
Forgive my interpretation of your title. I equated "could NOT have summed up the 'abandon the run' issue better", to being a "textbook" example.

I fail to see any discernible difference. My bad.

Forgive my interpretation of your title. I equated "could NOT have summed up the 'abandon the run' issue better", to being a "textbook" example.

I fail to see any discernible difference. My bad.

I was referring to the the discussion we had in the other thread, after the Cincy example.

I don't know if there is a "textbook" example of this - its just sort of a feel of the game kind of thing. The Redskins offense had no rhythm and felt forced to me. I thought Kyle got too cute at times, when he should have stuck to what was working, and it showed.

I was referring to the the discussion we had in the other thread, after the Cincy example.

I don't know if there is a "textbook" example of this - its just sort of a feel of the game kind of thing. The Redskins offense had no rhythm and felt forced to me. I thought Kyle got too cute at times, when he should have stuck to what was working, and it showed.
Gotcha.

Having moved on from what happened two weeks ago, well, two weeks ago, I was confused.

Anywho, Minnesota is all that matters now.

Gotcha.

Having moved on from what happened two weeks ago, well, two weeks ago, I was confused.

Anywho, Minnesota is all that matters now.

Agreed! I think they'll have much less running room against the Vikings - and god help us all if Kirk Cousins is starting behind that OL.

Agreed! I think they'll have much less running room against the Vikings - and god help us all if Kirk Cousins is starting behind that OL.
No worries. Robert will be under center. And everybody, coaches and players alike, have to do a better job.

At least we've solved our kicking woes for 10 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.