• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thumbs up and Thumbs down

Now that I am thinking about it, another dishonorable mention, and maybe we shoudl make it a permanent one, is to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas. Just where in the hell were they again today. These guys were a waste and simply put, can not get open, period.

the troubling point here is that most of the pluses go to younger players and not to the 'stars' the team is paying so much money to perform.

other than London Fletcher who are the other visible leaders on this team week to week?

the troubling point here is that most of the pluses go to younger players and not to the 'stars' the team is paying so much money to perform.

other than London Fletcher who are the other visible leaders on this team week to week?

Your right. It is the younger players. The big money players are having little impact this season. I honestly think the Redskins need to look to a few youngster son the roster and rebuild the bulk of it. The Redskins got some big problems. Offensive line. Misusing players (Orakpo). QB. Bad drfat p[icks at WR. RB getting old. Coaching. Front office, Ownership. Geeesh. It's called a HUGE mess.

WHEN we lose JC (because I wouldn't resign with a team that dogs me) we are screwed at QB. Collins is on the wrong side of 35 and I question if he can handle an entire season getting hit like Campbell is. Colt's hip is too big a question mark for me to trust. So what do we shoot for? Go for a hot FA QB and hope we can draft a RB or reverse?
I hear Tony Banks is available. :clown:

I didn't see the same effort out of Portis last week that I saw this week in the second half. That is the example of a veteran player who isn't a consistent presence for the team.

You can throw in Haynesworth, Hall and some other 'premium' vets who have been inconsistent on the field and not exactly Ray Lewis-type leaders off the field.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mike Shanahan or Mike Holmgren is going to draft a quarterback with the team's #1 pick in 2010, so don't worry about QB long-term :D

Portis is a mercurial player. In some contests he is a vocal presence. In others he seems to be going through the motions. He has done this before.

What is different now in 2009 is that the mileage on #26 is starting to show through.

One way that manifests itself is in constant nagging injuries.

In some ways he is in the same position as LaDainian Tomlinson.

These players are #1 and #2 in carries in the NFL since 2002 and the 'tires' are starting to go bald.

Luckily for the Chargers they have a viable #2 option whereas the Redskins really do not.

Even at age 28 with all the mileage and injuries Portis is still light years ahead of Betts and Mason.

And that is part of the problem.

Best RB? Portis at age 28.

Backup for the future on club? No.

Best OL? Chris Samuels at 32.

Best wide receiver? Santana Moss at 30.

Backup for the future on club as #1? No.

Last edited:
Now that I am thinking about it, another dishonorable mention, and maybe we shoudl make it a permanent one, is to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas. Just where in the hell were they again today. These guys were a waste and simply put, can not get open, period.

And that is part of the problem.

Best RB? Portis at age 28.

Best OL? Chris Samuels at 32.

Best wide receiver? Santana Moss at 30.

Backup for the future on club as #1? No.
I agree with you all about Portis and Samuels not having any promising replacements in the pipeline. However, regarding Kelly, Thomas and Davis I think the jury is still way out. As we have discussed before, receivers generally take time to develop. Also, they've had the handicaps of poor game calling, suspect coching from Hixon and most of all, have not had a real QB to throw them the ball. I'm hoping that improvements in the aforementioned areas will allow at least two of the three to develop into legit NFL starters. Kelly, assuming his knees hold up, seems particularly promising.

As for replacements for Samuels and CPo? :whoknows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.