• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Oh Billy.

It must be Washington disease :)

Shayne Graham skipped balls on the ground last preseason for the Redskins but is a starting kicker in the NFL in 2012.

Rackers is here for a cup of coffee but continues on getting his chances.

We can go back to David Akers and others and note that guys that for some reason didn't do it here or weren't given a real season chance to kick here made it or continue to make it somewhere else.

In all my life, I've never seen such bitching and complaining about a kicker who, ultimately, kicked the game winner. Facebook is gushing over with Cundiff hate. Ditto other Redskins sites. Forget that Cundiff was, short a beyond stupid 62 yard call, perfect heading into today. Oh - and nevermind the fact that he's an automatic touchback on kickoffs.

He had a bad day - and still managed to kick the game winner. I hope all of our worst days are that good.

Guys a Redskin, and when push came to shove, won us a game today and gets zero support.

Fans suck.

OK its time to weigh in my .02 (i know i know that's all its worth). Yes by the time we got to the two minute warning, I had fired three coaches and cut the kicker. But what do you expect when the playcalling, in my opinion, sucked in the second half and we get no points, miss three FG's and the defense caves on big plays. We've seen this act before, but this time we get to witness the beating of our #1.

In all honesty Cundiff got the boot from Ravens due to costing them the AFC playoffs. To top if off, we sign him without competition. Why? Because the coaches can't bear to live with Gano missing from the 30-35 anymore. So what do we get? A missed 31 yarder, that one did it.

Now I won't go into the coaching, but there was simply no reason to march Cundiff back out there after three straight misses, after his third miss I said bench him lets go for it on fourth downs.

So we end up with no choice but to roll him out there for the final play. A couple more yards back and that thing will veer left another foot and miss. We were very fortunate.

Cundiff saves his own job, but a smart coach will make plans for the next kicker as insurance. If that is Gano so be it. But Cundiff, in all likelihood, is on a short leash. Certainly he is not what is on this team that is killing us. He can win some, and lose some, but here is what really really sticks in my craw. The Tampa kicker has made what? 26 consecutive FG's? Can you say Mark Moseley? I can hardly give Cundiff some leeway when we see a guy on the other side that is money. Just like a franchise QB, the kicker must be money. As fans, we simply can't live by watching FG tries with our hands over our eyes.

Against Atlanta, we need four field goals. Our kicker on this team, is a vital scoring cog, and he must be money. We can't live without those made FG's, we aren't that good. So like it should be in the NFL, he lives from week to week, just like the fans, if the fans suck, so does Cundiff. He gets another week, I'll be there to cheer him on.

Just for the heck of it-and to add some possibly useful historical information I went into Pro Football Reference with a query. I was wondering what FG kickers have averaged 75% or better for a season with the Redskins-in recent memory, since like 1960. I stipulated a minimum of 20 attempts in a season to qualify.

DdavI7bPohXjHPNKtborgQttLpmYLPE3h63OiiaFLOAJf1L320_pE0ugjUBIM3l9-poRXeMFx4a75oqIx_jzsA8ukO8aQb8Cpj7MMLjcsjQRJtBQEpk_

Link: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1960&year_max=2012&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&league_id=&team_id=was&opp_id=&game_type=&game_num_min=1&game_num_max=19&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&game_day_of_week=&game_location=&game_result=&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=fg_perc&c1comp=gt&c1val=75&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=game_date

We'll see.

Shanahan is never wrong about a player.

Just ask him.

Be surprised if he admits his mistake by replacing Billy Whiff-It.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
So the #Redskins are going young, but talented again at PK, by selecting Kai Forbath, per a team source. Interesting move. Had to make it

wikipedia is friggin quick, already has him listed as signed with the skins:

He attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, California, where during his last two prep seasons, he converted 26 of 33 field goal attempts and scored 213 total points, with a long field goal of 57 yards. He also had touchbacks on 150 of 188 kickoffs.

Seems like he's got a big leg with various 50+ yd kicks on his resume. (9 of 12 from 50+) Hope he can make it from the almighty 31yd distance.

It'll be interesting to see if the long snapper changes as well. Can't ever have enough goats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.