• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

7 PM Tonight - Chatroom Test Help Requested

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Hey guys,
Our chat vendor has *supposedly* got the chatroom software issues finally resolved. If you're around this evening at 7 pm, how about popping in and helping us make sure that's the case? It won't take but a couple of minutes if I can at least get 5 or 6 of us in there at one time for a few minutes...

Thanks in advance for those that can help out. We'd like to be able to get back to our normal chatroom experience next Sunday.

If it has problems, we could always try a 3rd party software. You can keep the admins the same and it won't be tied to traffic on this site. Just a suggestion.

We'll work through the problems...from my experience, almost all chat room options are somewhat unreliable (not saying this is universal, but it does seem go generally be the case). We've had cometchat working extremely well previously - and I'm confident we'll get it humming again. Hopefully, whatever the issues were have been fixed. One thing I will say for cometchat - their support is really outstanding. I've never gone more than a few hours without a ticket response.

We also love the 'chatbar' feature - from being able to provide shortcuts, page translation, instant messaging, post pages to social media sites, make announcements - it's just a cool as hell little add-on (when it works!).

Hey guys,
If you're currently on, please take a minute to log-in to the chatroom and help us test todays software tweaks. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the help James, Bob, Brian, and Ken. Looks like we're back in business. We'll see next Sunday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.