Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Replacement Refs' Experience

I saw this screen capture posted on twitter. Is this accurate?

I had assumed that these replacements at least had significant college experience at some level. I've been surprised at the lack of knowledge of even basic rules. Based on this, it appears pretty clear why. Apparently the head linesman and field judge for the Pats Ravens game have no experience at all, at any level.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had heard that most of them were Div III and high school refs. I didn't know if that was actually the case, though.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SNF View Post
    Apparently the head linesman and field judge for the Pats Ravens game have no experience at all, at any level.

huh ??????
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is crazy that I'm screaming at the TV about rules that they don't know. How can the fan be more educated than the ref? Even if they were reffing hs before this?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I didn't watch past half time, but there was a point in the first half of the Ravens/Pats game where there were flags on 5 out of 6 plays, or something like that. It was horrible. No flow to the game, no rythmn at all.

Then I wake up and see the Patriots are all pissed about the refs. Eff em both. Hate the Pats, nice to see them lose. And if Goodell's prize coach and QB are mad at him, well that's cool too.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

when i can see a face mask that occurs around the 50 yard line, ~30 rows back sitting around the goal line, and the ref standing 5 yards from the play can't there's a huge problem.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Florida State

And the worst example of the horrible referees was the hit on Darius Heyward-Bey yesterday. After the hit he took I was glad to see Oakland win it. That is exactly the type of hit that the league was talking about when they implemented the helmet to helmet rule!
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Michigan State

I want to see how much Belichick gets fined for grabbing the ref at the end of the game last night.

0 0 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    And the worst example of the horrible referees was the hit on Darius Heyward-Bey yesterday. After the hit he took I was glad to see Oakland win it. That is exactly the type of hit that the league was talking about when they implemented the helmet to helmet rule!
    This was bad. There was another one in the patriots/ravens game. I'm starting to think these should be automatic ejections. If you can't play safe then you can watch from the locker room.

I also think the guy that hit heyward bay should be suspended for however long the guy he hit is out. That hit was absolutely malicious in every sense of the word, and there's a huge difference between a malicious hit and a hit that happens to injure someone.

Neither hit drew a flag. Unbelievable in my opinion.
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List