• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Happy Hockey Day!

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

For the Caps fans on the board - Ovie and company open the season up tonight in Boston. It is also the debuts of Mike Knuble and Brendan Morrison. Chris Clark is healthy, as is Poti and Semin - this team is even better than the 100-pt club from last year.

Happy day! Finally a team that was built correctly, and has competent ownership! Oh, and having the best player in the universe doesn't hurt either. :)

They've made the playoffs two years in a row now (gasp!). :)

What is this "hockey" of which you speak?

Is it like soccer?

Although I found myself rooting the Caps on last year (always been a Caps fan), I still have a sour taste in my mouth for the NHL as a whole. The strike year really dampened any enthusiasm I once had for the league.

It has been 15 years and I still can't find my way to a regular season MLB game.

But, since they are the hometown team I have rooted for since childhood, Go Caps! Just don't expect to get a dime of my money!

Sarge, just picture men skating around at up to 30-40 mph with sticks in their hands colliding with one another!

Interesting Elephant - the NFL had two strikes as well, you don't feel the same resentment towards that league? Is it because they were longer ago?

Interesting Elephant - the NFL had two strikes as well, you don't feel the same resentment towards that league? Is it because they were longer ago?

No Lanky, the NFL resolved both of those strikes before the Super Bowl. There was an entire season of the NHL lost and a World Series that was sacrificed in MLB.

The owners and players did not care enough to resolve these issues soon enough to avoid losing the ultimate goal in either sport which millions of fans love to watch.

Not to mention, those 2 strike seasons in the NFL led to 2 of our SB victories! :nana:

God i love Hockey... not like i love the Skins... but i sure love watchin Ovie and the boys hit like Ronnie Lott, except the guys they are hitting dont have their feet under them to stop the slide!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.