• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO's 1st Annual Opening Day Weekend Virtual Tailgate

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
It's that time of the year when our minds turn to football and the Redskins. It's also a new tradition at BGO to have a few virtual tailgates each year and we got it started with the Draft Day festivities a few months ago. Now it is time to cheer those new draftees and the rest of our beloved Redskins as they embark on a new season. With that in mind, the time has come for our first annual virtual tailgate for opening day weekend.

Make your best dishes of food. Get the grill out for your tasty masterpieces. Heck, we may have a best recipe contest - more on that later. Let's have a virtual party that will rock the forum and cheer our team to victory. The arcade is open to all from now through next weekend. Rumors of an arcade tournament abound. We have a weekly prediciton game (there is still time to sign up for this exciting contest). We have a weekly fantasy game (all slots are full, but it is still fun to watch). We have blogs each week. We have active chat sessions during the games. In other words, we have A LOT of fun!

Let's Party!

Hail To The Redskins!

I'll be in New Orleans, cheering the Bobskins on in person!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The Arcade is open! There are tournaments and six shirts are up for grabs! Details in the 5 O'Clock forum.

Have fun in NOLA Lanky. Get some good pics.

Starting to plan my menu - going shopping tomorrow.

Going to kick it off tonight with London Broil and all the fixins'. :)

Got a full menu for tomorrow and going to get some good scores in the arcade!

I certainly plan to attend, but probably not for the entire game. You guys are far too entertaining, and therefore far too much of a distraction from the main attraction -- which is, of course, the game.

Hail.

In other words, I'll pop in to see if Hunny is there... :)

I know this is blasphemous, but I swear I'm too excited to consider what I'm eating. I am looking forward to seeing Griff take the field for a real game, and am having trouble concentrating on much else, frankly.

Em asked me what I wanted, and I can't even remember what I said...

I sort of feel the same way, but not to the point where I'm forgetting the food stuff. Pretty sure that sleep will be hard to come by tonight.

I wish I was with friends in person tomorrow, but I'll be with friends as close to 'in person' as you can get. I don't know what to expect. And really, doesn't that say it all. It's the sentiment all great journeys start with.

As for food - what, are you crazy Goal?!

I'm doing something I've never tried before - homemade Pho and homemade shrimp spring rolls for dinner. Hope it turns out well :)

John, if the Pho works out, you're gonna need to post that. One of my favorite dishes ever.

I will think of something for tomorrow, worry not.

London Broil was to my liking along with the backed beans and mashed potatoes. Tomorrow is another tailgate feast - and of course...

The Game!

Spring rolls were very, very good. Pho was fine - although I don't really see what all the hubbub is about - good, but not a 'wow' experience.

Negative...NAH! Just discovered the Fox affiliate in Raleigh is carrying the game. Yeah!

Tailgate-I'm making baked acorn squash with brown sugar, butter and maple syrup.

Nice breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, strawberries, and canteloupe.

Making lunch now.

Time for football. :thewave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.