• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

So, Does Shanny's Pet Squirrel Survive?

We could sure use the spot for secondary or OL depth.

Never was a fan of keeping him on the roster.

Bruce Allen has a knack for getting something for nothing. Keep Mousey around for now and trade him in the offseason for a fifth or sixth rounder.

Not a bad idea.

Maybe feature him on a few gadget plays the last couple of weeks to give him the chance to score and get some highlights to jack up the asking price in the offseason.

Would love a draft pick (greedy, I know).

I don't know BB, Al Davis isn't around anymore...

he has speed ..but he's to small..he scares me everytime he has tha ball

“The reason why we do have [him] in our offense as a receiver and a running back [is] we know the potential that he has to make plays,” Shanahan said. “He’s made some big plays for us. We’re going to give him those options. He’s a guy who’s got a lot of energy. He can make plays.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nahan-studying-brandon-banks-decision-making/

he must be doing them in practice....i haven't seen them in the game. Im so confused what the utter infatuation is with this guy. We gave him a shot. He had a couple nice punt returns... It's not there anymore. It was a feel good story for a season. Either our system doesn't compliment a player like that on offense, or he doesn't have the skill set to execute plays... whatever it is, it's occupying a roster spot that's basically worth it's weight in gold at this point.

I think it's less complex than that.

He's just too small. He can't break arm tackles. He knows he can't break arm tackles. His only chance to do anything big is to do it without being touched. That means he takes wide angles, he stutters looking for a big hole, etc. All of which lead to short returns, not much of an offensive threat, and dancing around.

If he had the size to break one arm tackle then those angles are smaller, he could fit through smaller holes, and he could break longer runs.

He needs another 2 inches in height and another 30 lbs in muscle. A stiff breeze can tackle him as he is currently built.

Great speed, just not enough size.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said that he and his staff will “take a hard look,” at struggling punt/kick returner Brandon Banks’ decision making and will try to find ways to get more out of the speedy third-year pro.

Banks’ production has dipped this year. A year after averaging 9.1 yards per punt return, Banks averages 6.8-yards per attempt this season (24th in the NFL), and he 24.1 yards per kick return (23rd in the league).

After making an impact in the preseason, Banks has largely been held in check during the regular season by opponents, and at times, his own questionable decision-making.

It was more of the same for Banks in last Thursday’s game against Dallas.

Twice Banks elected to bring the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs, only to be stopped well short of the 20-yard line. Late in the first quarter, he fielded a punt at the goal line – rather than letting the ball go into the end zone for a touchback – only to be stopped at the 7-yard line, giving his team a long field to work with.

Shanahan expressed confidence in Banks despite the apparent lapses in judgment.

“Brandon is a smart guy, and sometimes, smart guys with a lot of ability, they’re going to try to make plays,” Shanahan said. “There’s common sense that prevails and then there’s a mindset of, hey, you’re going to have to fair catch it or keep it in the end zone. It’s tough with a guy who really believes he’s going to make plays. We’re going to take a hard look at it, make sure he makes the best decisions that are in the best interest of our football team.”

The Redskins have used Banks in some option packages, although most of those plays have featured him as a decoy. But Shanahan said because of the speed and versatility the 5-foot-7, 155-pound Banks possesses, coaches still see value in him.

“The reason why we do have [him] in our offense as a receiver and a running back [is] we know the potential that he has to make plays,” Shanahan said. “He’s made some big plays for us. We’re going to give him those options. He’s a guy who’s got a lot of energy. He can make plays.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nahan-studying-brandon-banks-decision-making/

Shanahan's quotes here actually fit pretty closely with what I've read is his M.O. when evaluating potential player acquisitions-take the best they show on film and rely on the coaching and scheme to bring them up to that level as a norm.

That is the arrogance of Shanny. He simply doesn't believe it possible that he could be wrong.

It also plays a part in his reluctance to incorporate Cooley into the game plan. I guarantee if Chris got as many touches in a game as the squirrel does, there would be positive results.

Banks is a total waste.

I like a lot of what Mike and Kyle are doing. But the infatuation with Banks makes me want to choke them both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.