• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Farewell, 47

Lanky Livingston

According to Tarik El Bashir, Cooley has been released. Sad day!

He just held a press conference at Redskins park to announce that he was released. Man.

I'm not surprised but still saddened.

Thanks for the memories, Chris Cooooooooooooley!

Captain Chaos turns in his playbook? Definitely a new day around here.

Hail, farewell and thank you, Chris. Ya did us proud.

Holy Crap! Gotta say I'm a little stunned given that Darrell Young isn't 100% healthy. Dorson Boyce?!!! Are you effing kidding me? Totally, completely bummed!!! :(

He needed to show some things in preseason and it did not happen. That is the harsh reality of football.

He will always be a member of the Redskins. His wife is from the DC area and he will probably settle there after his playing days are over (assuming another team adds him to their roster).

Expect another FB signing. Young is not 100 percent and I don't buy into Boyce either.

Maybe Paulsen takes that spot?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Shanahan said they did it to give Chris a chance to find a starting gig somewhere. If he hasn't found a new gig in the next week or so, the door isn't closed to bringing him back.

I'm not simply bummed by the fact that Cooley's no longer a Skin. That's bad enough.
But to make it worse, he's cut and not traded ?
So let me get this straight - we got a draft pick in exchange for Kevin Frickin Barnes ?!?!
But we couldn't get anything in a Chris Cooley trade ?!?!

Cooley says there's no hard feelings. "I still do believe in what they're doing."

Man, what a class act. I'm still kind of stunned...

I'm not simply bummed by the fact that Cooley's no longer a Skin. That's bad enough.
But to make it worse, he's cut and not traded ?
So let me get this straight - we got a draft pick in exchange for Kevin Frickin Barnes ?!?!
But we couldn't get anything in a Chris Cooley trade ?!?!

Yeah, that's a little head-scratching. Oh well.

I think it came down to the money. To trade Cooley would have required a lot of gyrations to lower the cap hit AND find a partner willing to take him.

You can't compare him to Barnes who is not vested and is working for $350K.

Hard day, my friends. Seriously hard day. :(

I think it came down to the money. To trade Cooley would have required a lot of gyrations to lower the cap hit AND find a partner willing to take him.

You can't compare him to Barnes who is not vested and is working for $350K.

Not 100% sure that's the case BD. Shanahan said there were "lots of options" but released Cooley because he wanted to start somewhere. Maybe he already has another team in mind and plans have already been formed.

Given Chris' status with the team, Mike could have released him as a favor.

Well that's too bad. Can't say I'm surprised but still hard to see.

It's too bad we couldn't work out a trade and gotten some value for him but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.