• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

Next up
185 s.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

How about some offbeat Florida....
Skunk Ape Research Headquarters
OB 2.jpg OB 1.jpg

OB 3.jpg

Of course, right up the road is the smallest Post Office in America
OB 15.jpg OB 16.jpg

OB 17.jpg OB 18.jpg

These are great Miles. Please keep them coming.

El or Miles, need an opinion from you guys if you don't mind. Looking to buy an action type camera though I don't know diddly about them. This particular model is far less expensive than GoPro and curious if it's a good one?

When it's stating #'s like ‘4K/30M/2.4G remote Contral'....I refer to you guys. Decent camera or no?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073...ion+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=518liZjrFnL&ref=plSrch

Last edited:
I know nothing about this camera, but the specs on my phone are equivalent...except the 4k capability. Go with the Go pro if you can. Over the years I have tried to save money by going cheaper, only to end up paying more because I would invariably pay for the better gear anyway, then lose money when I sold my old stuff.

Appreciate the info & that's what I was seeing about those #'s, which are gibberish to me.

I've heard nothing but good things about GoPro but they're a lot more expensive than some other brands. Like 3x's more in some cases.

El or Miles, need an opinion from you guys if you don't mind. Looking to buy an action type camera though I don't know diddly about them. This particular model is far less expensive than GoPro and curious if it's a good one?

When it's stating #'s like ‘4K/30M/2.4G remote Contral'....I refer to you guys. Decent camera or no?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073...ion+camera&dpPl=1&dpID=518liZjrFnL&ref=plSrch

It's basically a GoPro look alike with very similar specs. I've had a gopro, and loved it, but can't really say about this one. Not a lot of money compared to the gopro, so it could be a good gamble.

Thanks Miles & El, the main thing I was curious about is the #'s and time if it's comparable to the GoPro. I'm sure it's if a less quality in some way, possibly in replacement parts even. Thanks guys

Have an opportunity to buy a buddy's Nikon L120 coolpix for $50. Worth it?

Why not check google and make the decision yourself? I don't want that to sound like it's too harsh, but to me it looks like an early version of the P900, which I have, and for $50, you can't go wrong, but what do you intend on using it for? With the P900 I have, I use it to take sports action shots and the various settings give some leeway. It doesn't like fast action at night as it can't keep up, and I haven't used it on stationary objects. As the P900 has 83x zoom, I can sit in the outer and zoom in to take action shots that are occurring on the opposite side of the ground.

The link I have included are of shots I have taken of cricket. I have been sitting in my car, some distance from the fence whilst the game is being played in the middle of an oval. It took time for me to get used to the camera so as to take shots like this, but it was worth it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfEAUur

Aussie I don't think it comes across harsh, unless it was meant to be? I ask here first because I trust what fellow BGO members may have to say vs random internet consumers. It's the reason I like this thread so much, admiration for the shots and photography knowledge.

If it wasn't well k own already I'm extremely novice in photography, pretty much everything I take/post is from iPhone. Wasn't even sure of what a P900 was actually. I appreciate any/all feedback you guys n gals can give. Also like your cricket shots Aussie, seems you have a pretty damn good camera there.

I've done further research for you, and in Aust the L120 is being sold for between A$85 and A$300, so US$50 seems like a bargain. It costs about US$340 brand new, although long discontinued.

Ensure it all works and that it can focus all through the zoom range. Nothing worse than a blurry photo that can't be avoided.

Find out the size of the memory card it will take. I use a 32GB card which in sports mode, 7 frames per shot, gets about 1800 photos (but that's with a second battery). I now take photos in landscape mode, at a resolution of 1920x1080, and I get over 200 photos, many I delete.

If you do purchase it, practice, practice, practice. All it will take up is time. You can recharge the battery, you can reformat the card (after downloading the photos) so it's not as if you are using (wasting) film.

There's not much difference between the L120 and the P900 on the outside, it's all what you can't see. The most obvious difference is that the L120 has 21x zoom whereas the P900 has 83x zoom.

You can check-out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave.

37BCF313-7F6B-444F-97C9-8877D20AE4AA.jpg

Last edited:
Took this image in NYC a couple years back...

15288697_10211629048947688_7773855150412424630_o.jpg

This one is from Portland, Maine...

21273438_10214532530772919_6435115200114232319_o.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.