• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

Mt. Merapi erupting:

capt.e80481ed332f44dd97f428dec69cbb3b-f1badeed5c6c47869c4e4d7c4bb8de0d-0.jpg

capt.267dad2521794d2bb457fe37d46da078-267dad2521794d2bb457fe37d46da078-0.jpg

This black-and-white image of the comet Hartley 2 provided by NASA was sent from the NASA EPOXI Mission Deep Impact spacecraft, which passed within 435 miles (700 kilometers) of the comet at its closest point, and was received at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010. The comet is estimated to be 1.4 miles (2.2 kilometers) long, and weigh about 280 million metric tons.

Another obvious NASA fraud, just like the moon landings. :rolleyes2: That photo is of a radioactive potato in the microwave at a lab in College Park, out of where the mission is led.

More on the mission is at: www.epoxi.umd.edu

And here's a nice pic in ultraviolet of our nearest neighbor, the Andromeda Galaxy, M31

Swift_uv_m31.jpg

Full size: [media]http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/386913main_Swift_M31_large_UV.jpg[/media]

Stacking of images to get incredible resolution is the norm in astronomy. I didn't realize they did the same for photos on the small scale like those insect images.

The M31 "photo" comprises 330 images, totaling 24 hours of observations, and 85 gigabytes of data.

Last edited:
I agree, I love this thread :cheers:

Well nothing special meaning the photo taken by my untrained eye.

The scenery and sunset I can’t take credit for. They were provided by someone else.

Pete, we had just over seven feet of snow from various storms last winter. "White" became a way of life for a few months. :)

Little Red Riding Hood, what really happened:

5_131_main.jpeg

earth-art-van-gogh-gotland-sweden-island-phytoplankton-bloom_29158_600x450.jpg

In the style of Van Gogh's "Starry Night," massive congregations of greenish phytoplankton swirl in dark water around Sweden's Gotland (see map) island in a satellite picture released this week by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

A Brazilian treehopper Bocydium globulare:

boules-525780.jpg

inseto_estranho.jpg

Pete, we had just over seven feet of snow from various storms last winter. "White" became a way of life for a few months. :)

Those are such great shots. I envy you, having real seasonal changes. It makes shooting so much more fun.....

Those are such great shots. I envy you, having real seasonal changes. It makes shooting so much more fun.....

Pete, you had the opportunity to shoot a Redskins' game from the sidelines a couple of years back , didn't you?

Can you post some of those?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.