• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

Good idea Pete on the fuzzy erase thing, used to do a lot of layer work, masking and a few other tidbits but mostly to create 'other worldly' looks or cut/replace horrible backgrounds.
Mid tone contrast..... good tip, thanks.

Would imagine that grabs from UHD video would be a treat for that type of work.

This stuff almost makes me want to reinstall all of my audio/visual programs again. ;)

El, I expect to see some of that 3d work next season :)

Couple big dogs in my yard

image.jpg

The thing I like most about this image is the red trail in the water is the reflection of light from a tractor trailer on the bridge.

BLT_0423.jpg

Pretty serious flooding in our region tonight...this is from about 3 miles from my house.

BLT_3318.jpg

BLT_3329.jpg

BLT_3358.jpg

That flooding back east is terrible. My peeps in WV show me pics too. Horrible scenarios so you guys ever safe.

Here are a few more of the aftermath from the floods in our area last week that killed 2 and destroyed the downtown Ellicott City area.

DSC_3070.jpg
This walking bridge is over a portion of the confluences that met to create the flood, you can see where the wall of the building was ripped up from the torrent.

DSC_3054.jpg
BLT_3437.jpg

The cars were as far down river as over a mile from where they were parked before the flood.
BLT_3398.jpg
BLT_3400.jpg
BLT_3402.jpg
BLT_3403.jpg
BLT_3405.jpg
BLT_3408.jpg
BLT_3411.jpg
BLT_3419.jpg

Last edited:
I was simply blown away...I could never appreciate the magnitude of their skill until I saw it in person. Amazing!

Jet (1 of 1).jpg

Not a cool photo but a videography question. I just bought an underwater video camera for ice fishing and it has a "video out" receptacle.

My question is what would be the best way to use something compact that records the video?

IMG_2552.jpg

Last edited:
You should have somewhere for an SD card to go in somewhere. This should record whilst the camera is underwater. The video out receptacle is so you can plug in a monitor when out of water.

It would help if you searched for the manual online, or read the manual that came with the camera. As it is, there is no indication of the make or model of camera you have so it does make it a little difficult to assist.

Thanks SA. No ports for USB or the like, only the video out. It's all good, was curious if there's something to plug in that port that records. IDK what but some kind of external recorder I'd have to buy seperately.

Btw the brand is Aqua-Vu and model is 715C, if anyone else is interested in purchasing.

OK, had a quick look at the manual (online) and what you have is just a camera, not a recorder. The camera itself is shaped like a fish, which is connected to a lead which is 50 feet in length, then it goes up to a non-underwater monitor. For it to work, you have to lower the camera, turn on the monitor and adjust the sunshield to suit. If this doesn't work, make sure the battery is charged. Not much can go wrong.

From the manual - The “Video Out” jack is for connecting your Aqua-View to a hand-held camcorder, or to a larger external monitor.
Your Aqua-Vu will work with any camcorder or any monitor that accepts the NTSC video signal, and has a standard “Video-In” jack.
Use any RCA-style patch cord that comes with most camcorders (also available at most consumer electronics stores.)
For external video recording, plug one end of the cord into the “Video Out” jack on the Aqua-Vu; plug the other end into the “Video-In” jack on your camcorder. You can now watch your Aqua-Vu monitor and record at the same time.

If you want to record with the camera underwater, you might be better off the a GoPro, or similar. There seems to be a few to choose from nowadays.

Oh wow, you didn't need to do that. However, that's great info Aussie & I really appreciate your research & input to it. It wasn't a show stopper to purchase one with a recording option obviously. For us to record it'd be for our viewing reminiscing only, no actual need to do so though. Kinda showing you guys what ice fishing is like here in Alaska.

Then again you guys can come up for a visit and I'll take ya!

It's been such a crazy year, and my job has me on the ropes right now, yet my stress level is low as it goes, I haven't been working with photo's too much. I thought about not doing any holiday photos, and instantly started to stress. Here's the fruit of my stress relief for 2016....
177.jpg
178.jpg
179.jpg
Untitled-11 c.jpg

Love the hottie & nard pic the most there Pete. All are great though.

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything in this thread, so it's time for an over load
182.jpg

184 (2).jpg

184.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.