• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been playing more and more with my images in the middle of the night. You're stuff is awesome Pete!

Thanks man. I fell in love with the photo of the girl. I always wonder about the story behind photos... Why do you pose a "bella" in front to a d-laminating piece of paneling ? Very nice dress for a family in the mid 30"s in a country as poor as Italy.

Sometimes, I think I get too deep into some photos....

Yeah, I love Pete's stuff as well. The Marine one is pretty cool too. You used to have to iron on your own emblems as the guy in the image did. Old school baby. I've said it before, but it's really cool to see these images in color, because although it's kind of a silly thing, when you see an image in black and white, you don't really picture the people in it as real, living real lives just as we are today. The color really gives you a different perspective on what those days might have been like. Pete has an amazing site here.

Yeah, I love Pete's stuff as well. The Marine one is pretty cool too. You used to have to iron on your own emblems as the guy in the image did. Old school baby. I've said it before, but it's really cool to see these images in color, because although it's kind of a silly thing, when you see an image in black and white, you don't really picture the people in it as real, living real lives just as we are today. The color really gives you a different perspective on what those days might have been like. Pete has an amazing site here.

Thanks for the plug brother. I've been doing a bunch of Corps photos as of late. Going to look into getting the OK to print some stuff to use to raise funds to support the 3/5 of the First Marines. A good friends step son is active in the 3/5 now, and his mom is doing a lot of fund raising.

This is a photo from the Ukraine riots
4.jpg

Melquíades ‏@teoremadegoedel
Real Image of T4 bacteriophage (a virus) via electron microscope. #Biology #Science pic.twitter.com/voMOUyHd4C

BqNpiRYCYAAfv8k.jpg

natusuvu.jpg

A recent summer storm in the bahamas we survived for 2+ hours. This was the calm before showing what was to come. We went from flat calm no wind to 40+mph winds and stacked up 6 footers on the nose. Lots of lightning followed and some pretty nervous guests aboard. In other words... FUN!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It's all about the timing.... Found this on a site I tend to wast time on occasionally.
e5yewrgdsfgdfbgfg.jpg

Oh wow, no way to top that camel convoy MM, but here's one I took of a local mountain by the house.

image.jpg

Edit: Stupid backboard dulls it down a bit.

Last edited:
Oh wow, no way to top that camel convoy MM, but here's one I took of a local mountain by the house.

View attachment 1825

Edit: Stupid backboard dulls it down a bit.

That's the great part of digital... just take the shot again with the backboard out of the frame. Great view none the less. Have some nice stuff we shot in Alaska doing the inner passage. What an amazing place.

Yeah it's really tough to describe to anyone that's never visited! Beyond beautiful everywhere.

I know my pic taking skills don't do it any justice. But to add a little scale to the pic, the small bush looking trees on the mt are actually 60ft+ spruces.

Yeah it's really tough to describe to anyone that's never visited! Beyond beautiful everywhere.

I know my pic taking skills don't do it any justice. But to add a little scale to the pic, the small bush looking trees on the mt are actually 60ft+ spruces.

Don't be so tough on yourself. Like anything, the more you do it, the better you get. What do you shoot with ?

When we went to Alaska, I only had a digital point and shoot, which I let my daughter use a good part of the time. Likely the last time I've shot with a film camera. While I have a lot of great pics, I have even more crap.

Italy reminded me of Alaska to some degree, with it's rugged landscape.

Here's a re-touch for ya my friend....
alaska w4us.jpg

Been hitting the "in progress" file lately....

Snake oil salesmen at trailer camp
kickin back copy.jpg

Even in poverty, the shade of the afternoon is always enjoyable
women and child copy.jpg

Sunbathing, Paris 1949
paris 49 copy.jpg

Oh wow that is much better without the backboard, appreciate it! At the moment it's just my iPhone 6 I'm using. A while back I was talking with EL and a few others on good cameras to get.

A soon as I know what my retirement pay will be, in addition to job opportunities one of my first purchases is a dope ass camera. I could really hobby up on landscapes and wildlife up here.

A couple of pics from my recent trip to Canada. Just done with my phone.

Moose walking through the field
2014-10-17 08.08.32.jpg

A golden eagle
2014-10-15 23.09.26.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.