• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

Dangit, I hate getting extremely jealous in the morning! Now, how to pay for that tank of gas that I need to get to work today. Anyone have any bottles and cans I can cash in?

Incredibly well done pics El!

omg...I can't believe their pillowcases are WRINKLED! WTH?
(sarcasm included at no extra charge.)

Funny you mention that DS...that was the reason the image will not be used in the magazine. UGH!!!

SUX! Sorry man, the devil really is in the details.

I'm not sweating it... It's a learning experience. The image was fine, but the subject wasn't prepared properly. Not much I could do about that when I had uncooperative parties...

I am just glad I got paid a few hundred bucks for about 30 minutes worth of work.

I'm not sweating it... It's a learning experience. The image was fine, but the subject wasn't prepared properly. Not much I could do about that when I had uncooperative parties...

I am just glad I got paid a few hundred bucks for about 30 minutes worth of work.

That's the worst. I used to hate that when I wasn't allowed to make any changes/suggestions to anything, and then got blamed when something was out of place.

:twitch:

I work with some high end yacht brokers. I aspire to become an independent broker one day. On of the things I do is surveys (like a home inspection) I give them a long list of things that I recommend get fixed/changed before the listing is put on the market. I supply detailed closeup photos which many times lead to me taking the listing photos and or video tours, which I also narrate. It also leads to fixing a lot of the items on my list and more.

I know exactly where you are coming from here. I've had to iron sheets before shooting pics which many times I don't get paid full value for if at all. Why did I iron them? Because I know the clientele. Oh yeah and cause I'm pretty anal.

Oh and by Sorry... above I meant sorry you didn't get them placed in the article.

Who could expect you to do that in your position though? Nobody. I dig your work and glad you got paid anyway.

From The Department of the Interior's Instagram:

enhanced-buzz-16363-1365434931-14.jpg

enhanced-buzz-21702-1365434930-16.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2059-1365434964-23.jpg

enhanced-buzz-21634-1365434937-11.jpg

enhanced-buzz-16373-1365435508-15.jpg

While not the coolest of photos, I had to work for this one. For slow moving critters, she can duck back into that burrow right quick. Been to the park a number of times, and finally got a solid shot.

1903gt.jpg

Wow - truly amazing shot China - thanks for sharing...

enhanced-buzz-wide-4870-1367301128-9.jpg

The spinning vortex of Saturn's north polar storm resembles a deep red rose of giant proportions surrounded by green foliage in this false-color image from NASA's Cassini spacecraft. Measurements have sized the eye at a staggering 1,250 miles (2,000 kilometers) across with cloud speeds as fast as 330 miles per hour (150 meters per second).

I know El will come in and blow this away (which I look forward to, BTW) but I took this in my backyard this evening, and thought it was fairly awesome.

moon010_zps0d601aa6.jpg

Tomorrow night (Sunday), the moon will be at perigee just after sunset. Be sure to get some good pics as it is low on the horizon. Zoom pics especially. Post them here. Looking at you BGO photographers and elephants. :D

The top 8 post-championship photos from the Blackhawks' locker room:

AP13062405514.jpg

BOSTON -- One by one, the Chicago Blackhawks left the ice, through a phalanx of fans standing around the exit from the rink and disappeared into the visitors' locker room at TD Garden on Monday night.
Once inside, the party raged, the champagne flowed and the memories were made.
Like the one above. Look at the combination of hedonism and spirituality, as Blackhawks players both imbibe and are baptized in glorious bubbly.
It's a great photo; but it's No. 8 on our list of the 8 best locker room photos from the Blackhawks celebration.
What topped it? Glad you asked.

171468660.jpg

7. Patrick Kane and Friends
The Stanley Cup is held by MVP Patrick Kane and his friends, including a nearly unrecognizable Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa, who appears to be getting attacked by ravenous champagne foam. We're especially fond of this photo because it appears to age Kane roughly 15 years.

171466331.jpg

6. Conn Bromance
Toews and Kane have been linked since they were rookies, and now both have a pair of Stanley Cup rings and a Conn Smythe to their credit. This brief "I'm proud of ya, little buddy" moment brings the whole thing full circle. It's all very Johnny Drama and Vinny Chase.

AP239546187086.jpg

5. Creepy Toews
Again, we have no idea what it is about the Stanley Cup that turns Toews into some sort of Appalachian Rodent-Man, but it is what it is. We believe that's Bryan Bickell, ready to crack a bottle over Toews' head before he completes his turn into a Were-Rat.

171466322.jpg

4. Joel Quenneville's Bath
Football has its Gatorade baths, and hockey has its triple-dousing of champagne onto the head of Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville. Looks like you picked the wrong day to wear white, big guy. Remember how happy Coach Q. is here when he's inevitably fired after next postseason for losing in the quarterfinals.

1714657481.jpg

3. Sprayed Kane
This is just a tremendous photo of Kane that we assume is from his junior hockey days, with the Stanley Cup Photoshopped in for the keg he was holding. Wait, it's from the locker room after Game 6? Oh.
The highlight is goalie Ray Emery's incredible "SAY WHAT?!" face as Kane is given a champagne dog wash.

171466333.jpg

2. Michal Handz-on
Michal Handzus was given the Cup by Captain Toews, and apparently never plans on letting it go. We've seen mothers hold their newborns with less fervor. You can't really blame him after 950 games without a championship. We just hope the rest of his teammates are OK with spending "A Day With The Cup And Michal 'Grabby' Handzus"

171465742.jpg

1. Hockey, People, Just Hockey
Andrew Shaw's bloodied face, the embrace from a teammate, the Holy Grail in the foreground and a spray of celebratory champagne dousing all of them? This is what hockey dreams are made of.

I know El will come in and blow this away (which I look forward to, BTW) but I took this in my backyard this evening, and thought it was fairly awesome.

moon010_zps0d601aa6.jpg

Don't kid yourself, that's a killer shot. Shooting the moon isn't as easy as many think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.