• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Cool Photo

Took this in my mother's garden the other day.

[media]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r608/pbschurm/Party-3.jpg[/media]

Attachments

• Party-3.jpg
    Party-3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 180
That's incredible Brian, great job. Remind me what you are using these days?

Thanks James! Still shooting with my D300. When I leave the house with it, I love taking the 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 VR that I have. That is what I used on the bee. It may not be as good in lower light as the 70-200mm 2.8, but on a sunny day I get images that are just as good.

By the fall I will be upgrading to a Full Frame camera once and for all. I am wavering between the D4 and the D800 and I will likely pick up a used D700 for my backup. No more DX for me.

Shuttle Discovery

Some pics friends of mine shared...

Attachments

• iowajima.jpg
    iowajima.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 167
  • overcapital.jpg
    overcapital.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 164
  • shuttlediscovery03.jpg
    shuttlediscovery03.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 170
BTW, this is not photoshopped and those aren't dead ants glued in place, those are live ants caught in the act.

126197_v1.jpg

[media]
Edited-20.jpg
[/media]

Took this one in Burkettsville, MD today when I was visiting my grandmother's gravesite.

[media]
Edited-22.jpg
[/media]

Was down in Arlington today and got this image. God I love this country and those who have answered the call of duty!

Last edited:
enhanced-buzz-wide-25162-1351166454-2.jpg

The blood-brain barrier in a live zebrafish embryo

enhanced-buzz-wide-20834-1351167224-3.jpg

Eye organ of a Drosophila melanogaster (third-instar larvae)

enhanced-buzz-wide-25430-1351176056-2.jpg

Coral sand

Not so random, but this kid is something special. Of course I will never tell him that. I am not raising a narcissist like his father! :laugh:

[media]
N3H_9536_zpsf6746694.jpg
[/media]

Not so random, but this kid is something special. Of course I will never tell him that. I am not raising a narcissist like his father! :laugh:

[media]
N3H_9536_zpsf6746694.jpg
[/media]

What's not to love about this pic.....

The only bad part about guys like him is that they will never scratch that itch and it will likely end up killing him.

That's insane. I'd like to see a video of it. I can't tell from that picture how far out from shore he is. It looks like that wave is going to crash him into a cliff.

That's insane. I'd like to see a video of it. I can't tell from that picture how far out from shore he is. It looks like that wave is going to crash him into a cliff.

They're usually a mile or two offshore - they take boats out to the wave break, and then use jet skis to drop in. Pretty insane!

EDIT: That one does look really close though, lol.

That wave IS crazy close but it breaks to the right of what you are looking at. The videos and better pictures will be out soon. These guys are team, one on the wave and several saving his life. They've taken the original solo sport and turned it into a team sport. Every single big wave ride is a group effort from their weather forecaster to their travel agent to the guys on the skis to the others in support and of course...with the cameras.

Watched a documentary with Laird Hamilton a few years back when he really introduced the world to Big Wave riding. It was awesome! I saw video of MacNamara's wave an it is sick! He had a GoPro attached to the front of the board!

Here's a good 2 minute clip showing what DM is describing. It is a true team effort. Hamilton talks about learning to ride the board being pulled by the jet-ski when they finally realized that was the only way to get into these waves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuw_W0SgIkQ

Edit: Here is the trailer for the film I saw with Laird Hamilton. I couldn't remember the name. It is called Riding Giants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADy8f6t4Ri8

Last edited:
So I was hired by the same company that had me photograph that mansion in Potomac to photograph some A/V equipment they installed. The first image may be used in a major A/V publication... The rest are of the the Brains of the equipment installed and the master bedroom where he has a 100 inch LCD projection screen and a 60 inch TV. Why have both? Because they can...

Master bathroom with a TV for when he shaves, and a smaller one in the shower.

N3H_8645_zps662e9c0e.jpg

This is the Ferrari simulator with the server in the back ground:

N3H_8650_zps0cc1cdf4.jpg

Here is the LCD projection screen:

N3H_8696_zps519dd5fb.jpg

Here is the screen rising:

N3H_8701_zpse8b663a2.jpg

This is a better image that shows the screen rising, but I made a mistake with the exposure on the bed...I didn't adjust the light:

N3H_8703_zps2b94fc16.jpg

And here is the simple TV with the screen retracted:

N3H_8683_zpsa39ca2d0.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.