• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 53rd Man

Which player gets the final 2012 Redskins roster spot?

• Brandon Banks WR

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Rex Grossman QB

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Aldrick Robinson WR

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dezmon Briscoe WR

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Tom Compton T

• Adam Gettis G

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Chris Baker NT

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Keenan Robinson LB

• Richard Crawford CB

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Someone Else (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
You're in the smoke-filled room with the Shanallens and crunch time has come. Which guy gets the final 2012 Redskins roster spot? You can vote for more than one player - which ones are most likely to surprise and grab that final spot on this year's roster?

Last edited:
How do you tell WHICH guy is actually 53rd? I'll go with Grossman strictly because Shanahan has not been one to keep three QB's on the active roster lately and we already KNOW Cousins will make it. That's a given.

How do you tell WHICH guy is actually 53rd ?

My interpretation of his thinking is that only 1 of the players on the list - no more, and no less, will make the team. How else could you confirm that he's the "53rd player" ? But I disagree with that thinking. I definitely see more than 1 player from that list making the team.

It might be easier to understand Boone, if you listed who you believe the "definite 52" are, by position ? Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
To put it simply, my interpretation of the thinking in this is that only 1 of the players on the list - no more, and no less, will make the team. How else can you confirm that he's the 53rd player ? But I disagree with that thinking. I definitely see more than 1 player from that list making the team.

It might be easier to understand Boone, if you listed who you believe the "definite 52" are, by position ? Just a suggestion.

Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player. My guess is he's saying who is on the bubble that fall on the right side of the cut list.

Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player.

Sorry I missed that.

I personally hope they ALL make the roster (or at least the P.S.), with the possible exception of Grossman. I think Rex is more of a wasted spot than Banks. Seriously, can anyone make a good argument that the team would NOT benefit more from keeping Banks than Grossman ?

Last edited:
Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player. My guess is he's saying who is on the bubble that fall on the right side of the cut list.

Yeah, that was the intent. Who (of the guys 'on the bubble') squeaks in. Probably could've worded it better...

I am intrigued with Briscoe's size and athleticism at WR. He scored 6 TDs for the Bucs last year and is a hard one-on-one matchup at 6'2 and 215.

I also like Richard Crawford. He has shown the kind of versatility you are looking for in a rookie at CB and on ST.

My votes OFF of Pirate Island are Brandon Banks and Rex Grossman.

The return game has been de-emphasized by the rules changes and Banks doesn't do anything else for the team. Remember all those games last year where Banks didn't perform on returns? He sat there drinking gatorade with the fans for 4 quarters.

I still have to question whether a 'veteran' presence who throws more interceptions than touchdowns and never seems to be in top physical shape is really the mentor and role model for RGIII and Cousins that we are looking for?

Couldn't agree more BT. In fact, the failure to dump both Grossman and Banks will cause me to seriously question Shanahan and Allen's connection to reality. We need to surgically remove the dead weight on this team to make room for guys who can significantly contribute.

I still have to question whether a 'veteran' presence who throws more interceptions than touchdowns and never seems to be in top physical shape is really the mentor and role model for RGIII and Cousins that we are looking for?

Valid point BD. Hard to determine if Rex is capable of being a mentor or not. However, just because he throws a lot of pics or makes bad decisions doesn't necessarily mean he's not capable of teaching "Bob and Cuz" what NOT to do. I guess we'll see when push comes to shove. I would certainly have no problem seeing Rex gone.

My votes OFF of Pirate Island are Brandon Banks and Rex Grossman.

Couldn't agree more BT. In fact, the failure to dump both Grossman and Banks will cause me to seriously question Shanahan and Allen's connection to reality. We need to surgically remove the dead weight on this team to make room for guys who can significantly contribute.

Valid point BD. Hard to determine if Rex is capable of being a mentor or not. However, just because he throws a lot of pics or makes bad decisions doesn't necessarily mean he's not capable of teaching "Bob and Cuz" what NOT to do. I guess we'll see when push comes to shove. I would certainly have no problem seeing Rex gone.

It's simple....Rex just has to say, "Bob and Kirk : Do as I say, not as I do." ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.