A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0

View Poll Results: Which player gets the final 2012 Redskins roster spot?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Banks WR

    1 10.00%
  • Rex Grossman QB

    3 30.00%
  • Aldrick Robinson WR

    5 50.00%
  • Dezmon Briscoe WR

    3 30.00%
  • Tom Compton T

    1 10.00%
  • Adam Gettis G

    2 20.00%
  • Chris Baker NT

    4 40.00%
  • Keenan Robinson LB

    1 10.00%
  • Richard Crawford CB

    4 40.00%
  • Someone Else (specify)

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The 53rd Man

  1. #1

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,027
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    B The 53rd Man

    You're in the smoke-filled room with the Shanallens and crunch time has come. Which guy gets the final 2012 Redskins roster spot? You can vote for more than one player - which ones are most likely to surprise and grab that final spot on this year's roster?
    Last edited by Boone; 08-19-12 at 03:52 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  2. #2
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    How do you tell WHICH guy is actually 53rd? I'll go with Grossman strictly because Shanahan has not been one to keep three QB's on the active roster lately and we already KNOW Cousins will make it. That's a given.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,284
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    How do you tell WHICH guy is actually 53rd ?
    My interpretation of his thinking is that only 1 of the players on the list - no more, and no less, will make the team. How else could you confirm that he's the "53rd player" ? But I disagree with that thinking. I definitely see more than 1 player from that list making the team.

    It might be easier to understand Boone, if you listed who you believe the "definite 52" are, by position ? Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 08-20-12 at 02:23 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4

    2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    6,950
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I see at least 5 guys on that list making the team.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    08-09-11
    Posts
    53
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    To put it simply, my interpretation of the thinking in this is that only 1 of the players on the list - no more, and no less, will make the team. How else can you confirm that he's the 53rd player ? But I disagree with that thinking. I definitely see more than 1 player from that list making the team.

    It might be easier to understand Boone, if you listed who you believe the "definite 52" are, by position ? Just a suggestion.
    Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player. My guess is he's saying who is on the bubble that fall on the right side of the cut list.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,284
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player.
    Sorry I missed that.

    I personally hope they ALL make the roster (or at least the P.S.), with the possible exception of Grossman. I think Rex is more of a wasted spot than Banks. Seriously, can anyone make a good argument that the team would NOT benefit more from keeping Banks than Grossman ?
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 08-20-12 at 03:49 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,027
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Well in the OP, Boone said you could vote for more than one player. My guess is he's saying who is on the bubble that fall on the right side of the cut list.
    Yeah, that was the intent. Who (of the guys 'on the bubble') squeaks in. Probably could've worded it better...
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    I am intrigued with Briscoe's size and athleticism at WR. He scored 6 TDs for the Bucs last year and is a hard one-on-one matchup at 6'2 and 215.

    I also like Richard Crawford. He has shown the kind of versatility you are looking for in a rookie at CB and on ST.

    My votes OFF of Pirate Island are Brandon Banks and Rex Grossman.

    The return game has been de-emphasized by the rules changes and Banks doesn't do anything else for the team. Remember all those games last year where Banks didn't perform on returns? He sat there drinking gatorade with the fans for 4 quarters.

    I still have to question whether a 'veteran' presence who throws more interceptions than touchdowns and never seems to be in top physical shape is really the mentor and role model for RGIII and Cousins that we are looking for?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    18,027
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Couldn't agree more BT. In fact, the failure to dump both Grossman and Banks will cause me to seriously question Shanahan and Allen's connection to reality. We need to surgically remove the dead weight on this team to make room for guys who can significantly contribute.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    I still have to question whether a 'veteran' presence who throws more interceptions than touchdowns and never seems to be in top physical shape is really the mentor and role model for RGIII and Cousins that we are looking for?
    Valid point BD. Hard to determine if Rex is capable of being a mentor or not. However, just because he throws a lot of pics or makes bad decisions doesn't necessarily mean he's not capable of teaching "Bob and Cuz" what NOT to do. I guess we'll see when push comes to shove. I would certainly have no problem seeing Rex gone.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,284
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    My votes OFF of Pirate Island are Brandon Banks and Rex Grossman.

    I still have to question whether a 'veteran' presence who throws more interceptions than touchdowns and never seems to be in top physical shape is really the mentor and role model for RGIII and Cousins that we are looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Couldn't agree more BT. In fact, the failure to dump both Grossman and Banks will cause me to seriously question Shanahan and Allen's connection to reality. We need to surgically remove the dead weight on this team to make room for guys who can significantly contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Valid point BD. Hard to determine if Rex is capable of being a mentor or not. However, just because he throws a lot of pics or makes bad decisions doesn't necessarily mean he's not capable of teaching "Bob and Cuz" what NOT to do. I guess we'll see when push comes to shove. I would certainly have no problem seeing Rex gone.
    It's simple....Rex just has to say, "Bob and Kirk : Do as I say, not as I do."
    0 0 0 0
     
     

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The Man in the Doorway
    By Boone in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-11, 06:45 PM
  2. Our Man Moss
    By Miles Monroe in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-16-09, 10:38 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •