• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Results: Week 3

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
9.png

Week 3 of the BGO NFL Pickem Contest saw more highly competitive results, with some great performances (11 players went 12-4 or higher this week!). Yours truly brought up the rear, beating only our random computer picker, DC PC! Ouch.

Special kudos to brett4444 who went 13-3 this week, followed by servumtuum, and MisterPinstripe at 12-4.

For the year and overall contest leaders, so far it's EatSleepRedskins in first place , CowboysForever in second (both at 36-12 or 75% accuracy), followed by Yusuf06, China, and Jimbo, all boasting a 35-13 record.

Click HERE to view all Week 3 results.

Click HERE for total season standings after Week 3.

Near the top of the rankings again this week. Sigh, its hard being this good.

Houston and Pittsburgh both really surprised me. I had so much confidence in Houston, I parlayed them this past week. Hot damn their defense is awful, even with Mario Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Near the top of the rankings again this week. Sigh, its hard being this good.

Houston and Pittsburgh both really surprised me. I had so much confidence in Houston, I parlayed them this past week. Hot damn their defense is awful, even with Mario Williams.

Yeah Pitt losing threw me for a loop.

Following up with Mr. Pinstripe and Lanky-yeah Houston messed me up also but what I want to know is, what's going on with the Bengals? They knock off Green Bay and now the bloody Steelers!

Carson Palmer doesn't suck. That's my take :)

LOL - I was just thinking how many easy games to pick there were this week. I guess we'll see who does better! :)

Uh...Lanky. Let's see.

Bills@Dolphins

Jets@Saints

Cowboys@Broncos

Chargers@Steelers

Packers@Vikings

Easy.

Uh...Lanky, you wouldn't by any chance have some Florida swamp land you're trying to unload as well, would ya?

Following up with Mr. Pinstripe and Lanky-yeah Houston messed me up also but what I want to know is, what's going on with the Bengals? They knock off Green Bay and now the bloody Steelers!

And without a freak play would have beaten Denver and been 3-0. Cats and dogs living together.

Uh...Lanky. Let's see.

Told you serv, EASY. Too bad GB is going to lose tonight, and ruin your perfect week, but you'll still be a game ahead of me. :)

Friggin Tennessee...who'd a thunk a Jeff Fisher coached team could go 0-4?? I am literally shocked. And Miami going off helped my fantasy team (Thanks, Ronnie), but I am surprised they dominated so much. SHOCKING!

Friggin Tennessee...who'd a thunk a Jeff Fisher coached team could go 0-4?? I am literally shocked. And Miami going off helped my fantasy team (Thanks, Ronnie), but I am surprised they dominated so much. SHOCKING!

Those two games are what threw me. I just didn't think the Titans were a bad team. And I picked Miami until I saw Henne would get the start. UGH!

Now picking the Lions was just foolish, but they looked good in the first half. I guess I just didn't want to think they were as bad as they are since they beat us. :insane:

It still amazes me how good the players in this pool are! I am only doing slightly better than average. But in any other pool I have been in, the 65% range is good enough to keep you close. You guys are some tough competition!

Cincy tried their hardest to ruin everyone's picks, lol. The Browns? Really? They stomp GB one week, and then barely eek by the Browns the following week. Interesting.

Those two games are what threw me. I just didn't think the Titans were a bad team. And I picked Miami until I saw Henne would get the start. UGH!

Now picking the Lions was just foolish, but they looked good in the first half. I guess I just didn't want to think they were as bad as they are since they beat us. :insane:

It still amazes me how good the players in this pool are! I am only doing slightly better than average. But in any other pool I have been in, the 65% range is good enough to keep you close. You guys are some tough competition!
I just keep wondering what the heck I was thinking when I made some of those picks. :insane: They all seemed to make good sense at the time though.

You're right about how tough this pool is. Usually going 8-5 one week woudn't mark one as a dullard and dig a hole that's difficult to get out of. :frown2:

Told you serv, EASY. Too bad GB is going to lose tonight, and ruin your perfect week, but you'll still be a game ahead of me. :)

Well, Lanky, if Minnesota wins we'll have double perfect weeks-beamish and Master Chief-and my friend Pravda and I will share 13-1. The Titans are not very good right at the moment and the Bills, well, everybody has to come down to earth sometime.

This was only week 4 and the division games start pretty soon-that's when the serious bloodletting will occur. If this week was easy-apparently I was wrong about that because so many people had a good week in the pick'em-just wait, it's only gonna get harder.

Just remember, Lanky, you gotta drain that swampland before you can sell it.:)

Okay, so here are the updated standings based on W/L only - I didn't do the tie-breaker points cause I have a question about how they're added cumulatively. Anyway, here they are:

W L Percentage
servumtuum 48 14 0.77
China 47 15 0.76
EatSleepRedskin 46 16 0.74
Lanky Livingston 46 16 0.74
Jimbo 45 17 0.73
MisterPinstripe 45 17 0.73
Neophyte 45 17 0.73
CowboysForever 44 18 0.71
Yusuf06 44 18 0.71
bradysux360 44 18 0.71
RobinTom 44 18 0.71
Coolbreeze 44 18 0.71
beamish 44 18 0.71
Slacky 42 20 0.68
DenverBronco 42 20 0.68
brett4444 42 20 0.68
SNF 42 20 0.68
Kelly 41 21 0.66
Walking Deadman 41 21 0.66
DMarple2 41 21 0.66
Chris 40 22 0.65
Piggly 40 22 0.65
Boone 40 22 0.65
MissU28 40 22 0.65
Ax 40 22 0.65
Pravda 40 22 0.65
Elephant 39 23 0.63
Rumrunner 39 23 0.63
tugboat 39 23 0.63
BigRedskinDaddy 38 24 0.61
Hog Fever 37 25 0.60
Docsandy 37 25 0.60
Master Chief 35 11 0.76
Burl 32 14 0.70
Shi no Tenshi 32 14 0.70
tomwvr 31 15 0.67
DC PC 28 34 0.45
LoyalSkinsFan 23 9 0.72
PennSkinsfan 18 14 0.56
Om 18 14 0.56

Anyways, my question about the points is this - let's say someone (like myself, for example) is +18 in cumulative points. And like this week, I was -12 points - does that mean I am now only +6? Or are they added differently? Seems like I can intentionally lowball (not what I did) to get my cumulative closer to 0, which is what we want, right?

I will check the FAQ later, but if someone knows the answer and is willing to share it, I'd be appreciative. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.