• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign DL Marlon Favorite

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 16, 2012

REDSKINS SIGN DL MARLON FAVORITE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent defensive lineman Marlon Favorite. The signing fills the roster spot vacated by NT Chris Neild, who was waived-injured earlier in the week. Neild and WR Darius Hanks both cleared waivers and have now reverted to the team’s Reserve/Injured list.

Favorite (6-1, 317) was originally signed as a college free agent by the Carolina Panthers on May 1, 2009. He spent portions of the 2009 season on the practice squads of the St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints. He spent part of the 2010 offseason with the Buffalo Bills before signing with the Indianapolis Colts on May 18, 2010. He was released by the Colts on Sept. 4 of that year. He was added to the New England Patriots’ practice squad on Jan. 5, 2011, before being released by the Patriots on Aug. 5. He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles three days later and was released by the Eagles on Aug. 26. He signed with the St. Louis Rams on Aug. 31 until being released on Sept. 3.

Favorite, 26, played collegiately at LSU, where he appeared in 40 games with 17 starts, totaling 78 tackles, 8.5 stops for a loss and 4.0 sacks. He was a member of the LSU squad that won the BCS National Championship following the 2007 season.

He attended West Jefferson H.S. in Harvey, La., earning First-Team All-American honors from USA Today and ranking as the nation’s No. 1 defensive tackle prospect by ESPN.com during his senior season. He was born on June 22, 1986.

I guess I don't get the system. Why do you have to waive an injured player before moving them to IR? I thought you could just move them directly to IR. I know you used to be able to, anyway.

I guess I don't get the system. Why do you have to waive an injured player before moving them to IR? I thought you could just move them directly to IR. I know you used to be able to, anyway.

Just in Pre-season...regular season is a different story. Don't understand the reasoning.

Probably so teams can't cheat by stashing away (typically young or rookie) players (with high potential) on IR if they have paper cuts, or hang-nails, or a runny nose, just as a way of shielding them from other teams scooping them up

Don't unpack your bags Marlon. I don't think you are going to be here all that long. The Redskins need a guy to take reps in the second half of the next two games with Neild out and that's about all she wrote :)

Jerry Ball was 5'11.

The best NTs are in that under 6'3 range.

This guy though based on the teams that have given him a test drive is strictly here to take reps in the second half of the remaining preseason games when Cofield, Baker and Jenkins are through for the evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.