• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes: 8/11 P. Garçon

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
August 11, 2012
Redskins Park

Wide Receiver Pierre Garçon

On the somersault into the end zone:
“It was just a little bit of an adrenaline rush. No injuries or nothing, but it was fun while it lasted.”

On if the somersault is going to be his signature move as a Redskin:
“It was just spur of the moment. I didn’t think about it. It just came upon me.”

On trash talking with Buffalo Bills defensive backs:
“I was just playing football there wasn’t any jawing or nothing. It was just, 'You’ve got to get up, can’t stay on the ground too long.’ We were just playing football. I was trying to get as many yards as I can on that play and continue to drive the ball as much as I can.”

On if his first game with the Redskins felt anymore special:
“It was a little different because it was my first game with Washington. It was back to football once the ball was snapped and we got hit and got going. It was back to football, but it was a little bit different. The warm-up is a little different. The pre-game meal is a little different. I’ll get used to them and it will be fine.”

On getting into a rhythm on that scoring drive:
“I think our first big play was a pass. I think the pass loosened everybody up and got it going. We did get a nice couple runs from the running game down there and that did help us out, but I think the pass got the momentum flowing for us to move the ball down the field and get things going.”

On the chemistry between he and quarterback Robert Griffin III:
“We have a long way to go. We still have a lot to talk about. We still have a lot of communication to do. We still have a long way to go. We did the basics right, but we still have a lot more to do. It’s not there where you want it to be. We’ve got to continue to practice hard and continue to work hard. It was a good start.”

On his ability to get yards after the catch:
“I try to get the ball and try to get as many yards as I can. That is part of my game. I try to get as much as I can because I never know when I am going to get the ball again. So, I give it my all when I do and be satisfied when it is over.”

On quarterback Robert Griffin III’s performance:
“He did a great job. We moved the ball downfield. We got first downs. And we scored a touchdown. We continued and extended drives and made good passes, so it was a good first start. We did everything we wanted to do.”

On if he has the Indianapolis Colts game circled on his calendar:
“I think I’ve heard a lot about the Colts coming in about three weeks. But one team at a time it’s only preseason. It will be interesting to see the guys across from me, I have a lot of friends over there. It’s just football, and it’s another team.”

On exchanging text messages with Colts players:
“I continue to stay in contact with those guys over there. Those are my friends. They’ve been my friends for a long time. We all know that NFL guys come and go every day, so it will be good to see them and stay in communication and contact and just have fun with each other. We wish each other luck and continued success in the NFL.”

On his somersault after the touchdown:
“Coach didn’t say anything about it. I guess we were all just relieved that we got a touchdown on that play. It was a pretty important drive and to end it like that was a good feeling for everybody.”

On left tackle Trent Williams blocking downfield for the touchdown:
“He told me before the play he was going to go out there and make a big block for me. We have been practicing that play for a while. He was the block that sprung me into the end zone. [I’m] sad that he got hurt on it, but it was a good play and we all had our blocks on that play. It was very good to see him out there sealing the edge for me.”

On if the game makes practice seem more relaxed:
“We’ve still got a lot to do. It was only one preseason game and we’re going to play 16 games. It was good to get a game under our belt, but we still have a lot more to do throughout the season. It’s going to be a long season. We still have a lot of work to do, a lot of things to accomplish. We are not where we want to be, but it was a good start to a long season.”

On having a little more bounce to his step:
“It was a silent relief just to get the first game out of the way. I guess everybody was prepared for the first game. We got that out of the way. Now it’s back to business and we will continue to prepare for the season, prepare for teams and prepare to put a good roster together.”

On if he prepared to be quarterback Robert Griffin III’s best option:
“We’re working on it. That’s why we are practicing hard in training camp right now. We are trying to get our communication and chemistry down. We’re still working on it and have it where it needs to be. It’s not where it has to be at, it’s not where it needs to be at for the season.”

Thanks Neo. Along with London, this may turn out to be the best pickup we've hasd in ten years.

I'm so happy we didn't go for Vincent Jackson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.