• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Final 53 Man Roster for 2012

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
This is the Updated List as of 6pm 09/01/12. I think I got it right...

QB: R. Griffin III , R. Grossman, K. Cousins ,
RB: E. Royster, R. Helu Jr., A. Morris ,
FB: D. Young
WR: P. Garcon, S. Moss, A. Robinson, B. Banks
WR: L. Hankerson, J. Morgan, D. Briscoe,
TE: F. Davis, N. Paul, L. Paulsen
LT: T. Williams
RT: T. Polumbus, J. Black
LG: K. Lichensteiger, M. Hurt
RG: C. Chester, A. Gettis
C: W. Montgomery, J. LeRibeus
26 TOTAL OFFENSE

DE: A. Carriker, J. Jenkins, S. Bowen, K. Golston
NT: B. Cofield, C. Baker
OLB: B. Orakpo, R. Jackson, R. Kerrigan, C. Wilson
ILB: L. Fletcher, K. Robinson, Riley, L. Alexander
CB: D. Hall, C. Griffin, J. Wilson, R. Crawford, Crezdon Butler
S: M. Williams, B. Meriweather, D. Gomes, R. Doughty, J. Bernstine
2 TOTAL DEFENSE

K: B. Cundiff
P: S. Rocca
LS: N. Sundberg

With so much confusion due to my sporadic posting as the final roster was complete, I have taken down the prediction part to avoid any more misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I am willing to give Brown and Hightower the benefit of the doubt in re IR or PUP, but to put them on the active roster and HOPE they can get on the field with no preseason and be effective come September would be a mistake.

Hopefully 2010 and 2011 has taught this organization NOT to count on injured players to return at 100% on the schedule the doctors have set.

You have to build depth and be willing to move on and find the next alternative.

At running back, I am hopeful that Morris can show some more of the combo skills that you see in an everydown back - something that Royster and Helu don't bring to the table.

There's nothing wrong with a platoon approach at RB if you really have the solid talent the Giants have had in their past Super Bowl runs, but if you are treading water with a collection of #2 backs it would be nice to see somebody break through and become the primary guy.

I am willing to give Brown and Hightower the benefit of the doubt in re IR or PUP, but to put them on the active roster and HOPE they can get on the field with no preseason and be effective come September would be a mistake.

Don't forget we signed about 3 guys at safety, who also are damaged goods, physically. :rolleyes2:

So don't be surprised if safety becomes a disaster.

And yea - no way Banks makes the roster, unless we keep like 17 receivers.

I really can't see them keeping both Banks and Robinson

So glad football's back! I'll venture an early guess on the 53-man roster.

Offense
QB--Robert Griffin III, Rex Grossman, Kirk Cousins
RB--Tim Hightower, Evan Royster, Roy Helu Jr., Alfred Morris
FB--Darrell Young
TE--Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Niles Paul
WR--Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Dezmon Briscoe, Aldrick Robinson
OL--Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Will Montgomery, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus, Maurice Hurt, Willie Smith, Chris Campbell, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus

Defense
NT--Barry Cofield, Chris Baker
DE--Adam Carriker, Stephen Bowen, Jarvis Jenkins, Darrion Scott
OLB--Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Rob Jackson, Markus White
ILB--London Fletcher, Perry Riley, Lorenzo Alexander, Keenan Robinson
CB--DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Cedric Griffin, Richard Crawford, Kevin Barnes
S--Brandon Merriweather, DeJon Gomes, Tanard Jackson, Reed Doughty

SP Teams
K-Graham Gano
P-Sav Rocca
LS-Nick Sundberg

Chris Campbell? Seriously?

His nickname is 'Big Baby'...

He was on the Packers' reserve squad for two years...as a project. They let him go in May.

If he's on the final roster, then we really are desperate on the o-line.

And Jordan Black has been getting some good press.

Offense
QB--Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins
FB--Darrell Young
TE--Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul(TE/WR)
WR--Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson
OL--Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Will Montgomery, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus, Maurice Hurt, Willie Smith, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus, Tom Compton

Defense
NT--Barry Cofield, Chris Baker, **
DE--Adam Carriker, Stephen Bowen, Jarvis Jenkins, Darrion Scott
OLB--Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Rob Jackson, Markus White, **Chris Wilson
CB--DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Cedric Griffin, Richard Crawford, Kevin Barnes
S--Brandon Merriweather, DeJon Gomes, Tanard Jackson, Reed Doughty

SP Teams
K-Neil Rackers
P-Sav Rocca
LS-Nick Sundberg

Barring injury, or trade, this is what I want/see.

Cousins will make Sexy, expendable.
Helu, or Royster, possible trade bait before the trade deadline if Hightower comes back strong.
Rackers drop kicks Gano out the doe!

Edit: **Neild to IR, add Chris Wilson to the roster

Last edited by a moderator:
%^#*$&%^(*#%^(&$(#$*(*!!(!&(%#^%*&#!~

EDIT: Reading on Twitter that it was "heat illness" that caused Hank to leave practice. Still nothing to mess around with, but something he should recover from fairly easily.

I hope he's OK. This is the downside of twitter. The report is out, but it immediately invoked fear of his hip again because he was "carted off"...

Heat related. I was worried when the news broke. Daughter is attending today's practice as a VIP invite through a friend and she was certain it was heat related - as per a text. Also being somewhat confirmed via numerous twitter messages.

Phew. I was ready to copy Lanky's response as my own. Get more fluids, Hank.

I hope he's OK. This is the downside of twitter. The report is out, but it immediately invoked fear of his hip again because he was "carted off"...

Right, because they don't mention that he walked to the sidelines on his own power, and then took the cart to the locker room before getting up on his own power. They make it sound like he was laying motionless on the field

It goes both ways. Neild's injury was 'non-serious' until it was a torn ACL.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

And Jordan Black has been getting some good press.

So this was an early guess on the roster - I was going out on a limb. As we get closer to the end of the preseason it will be more apparent how the Oline will shake out.

I keep ten Oline on my 53-man roster - the last two years the Shanny's have kept only 9, so my scenario isn't necessarily likely. Howeverm I am concerned about the state of our Oline, and I don't think we should joke about its desperate state.

Being that I kept 10 Olinemen (due to the number of injuries and the emphasis on keeping Griffin upright,) I needed to decide on a backup tackle and it was down to Black, Compton, and Campbell.

Black: 32 years old, off the street, was in process of filing retirement papers, is only up to 280 lbs.

Campbell: 25 year old who was drafted by a team with a solid front office and a good drafting track record, was let go by Packers due to weight issues, presumably got the memo and is focused and in shape and supposedly quite athletic; hungry not ready for retirement

Compton: A project with potential who needs to get stronger, adjust to the NFL, improve technique; good candidate for the Practice Squad

I picked Campbell.

Edit: Campbell was signed undrafted by the Packers, but doesn't change the fundamental point.

Updates before Preseason Game 3

Changes:
- OL decreased from 10 to 9 resulting in LeRibeus cut (Practice Squad candidate)
- Doug Worthington takes Darrion Scott's place
- Chris Wilson takes Markus White's place
- Brandyn Thompson takes Cedric Griffin's place
- Safeties increased from 4 to 5 and Madieu Williams added
- Bubble watch: Logan Paulsen pushing Chris Cooley

Offense
QB--Robert Griffin III, Rex Grossman, Kirk Cousins
FB--Darrell Young
TE--Fred Davis, Niles Paul, Chris Cooley
WR--Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Dezmon Briscoe, Aldrick Robinson
OL--Trent Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Will Montgomery, Chris Chester, Tyler Polumbus, Maurice Hurt, Willie Smith, Chris Campbell, Adam Gettis

Defense
NT--Barry Cofield, Chris Baker
DE--Adam Carriker, Stephen Bowen, Jarvis Jenkins, Doug Worthington
OLB--Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Rob Jackson, Chris Wilson
CB--DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Richard Crawford, Kevin Barnes, Brandyn Thompson
S--Brandon Merriweather, DeJon Gomes, Tanard Jackson, Reed Doughty, Madieu Williams

SP Teams
K-Graham Gano
P-Sav Rocca
LS-Nick Sundberg

If Banks breaks one return during the preseason, he's on the roster.

Shanny LOVES the guy.

he's done it every preseason on kick-offs....but I don't recall him doing it during regular season.

Final roster added in OP...

I would feel VERY comfortable with that receiver group : Garçon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan, Briscoe, Robinson.

They bring a lot of diversity with their skills, and together they make us complete in that position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.