• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Chat for the Bills Game

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents, tonight we officially start the Robert Griffin III era of Redskins football. I'm a bit excited. Hope you are as well.

I'll be opening up the ole BGO chat room tonight around 7pm Eastern for anyone who wants to discuss while they watch. I, personally, we have the Olympics on here as I won't get the game live (have to wait for the dreaded tape delay, just like the Olympics) but I will be interested in reading your observations about the Burgundy and Gold while I cheer on the Red, White and Blue and bottle my latest IPA (yeah, I multitask, deal with it).

Are you ready for some football?

You bringin' the beer? I think I still have some Pommegrannate stuff leftover from last season if not. :twitch:

I'll be there...

Uhhh, so what's the prognosis on Orakpo? More importantly, just how bad was the Redskins' OL?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Starters looked bad. Griffin was mostly running for his life out there. Backups looked good in the 2nd half. All you have to do is look at Cousins #'s compared to Griffin's...

'Griffin flashed' is a pretty generous assessment, don't you think tr1? He was 5 of 8 for 49 yards. Yeah, he had a couple nice scrambles and completions, but was also sacked 3 times and gave up a pretty bad forced fumble and really looked like a rookie on that play (trying to get rid of it desperately and giving away the ball). It's fair to say he didn't have a lot of help, but he looked shaky out there and had happy feet from my vantage point.

Cousins looked like an MVP by comparison. And of course that was against backup competition, but he easily outshone the starter tonight.

The thing Cousins did was take advantage of the situation. He did play against backups, but he also had backups on his side of the ball. Cousins seems to have the ability to inspire others.

RG3 is the starter. Cousins probably would have had as hard a time with first team as RG3 did.

The D really disappointed me. I know we were vanilla, but tackling was poor.

Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't - I always think it's unfair to grade guys on situations they didn't face. Cousins got the job done in the scenario he operated in, Griffin didn't - ultimately that's what I saw tonight.

I agree that poor tackling was our biggest issue tonight. Time and time again (and this was one area where we really were no better in the 2nd half than we were in the 1st) we either failed to make tackles, or failed to wrap up on tackles turning potential losses into huge gains. I don't know what's going on there. Lorenzo Alexander said during the game

"I wish we could have done a little bit better today. We gave up what, 14 points, 17 points? That’s just uncalled for. We’ve just got to continue to work at it, work on our tackling, getting guys down, and I think we’ll be all right. I think it was more on us just not tackling. That comes with not being in a lot of live sets. Obviously in camp you thud-up, but you rarely tackle guys to the ground. It’s a lot different out here with the skill guys like the wings or the corners coming up in space and making the tackle. So we’ve just got to continue to work on that, focus on that in practice and I think we’ll be just fine.”

We'd better tighten things up before the real games begin - or we're going to get shellacked. And the thing we should all be most concerned about tonight are the injuris. I don't know the severity of them, but we had lots of them tonight - Gomes (who reportedly left with a boot on his foot), Orakpo, and Meriweather were all injured tonight. Not good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.