A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Default Yum! That was a great meal!

I didn't know if anyone would start this thread or mention it somewhere. Did any of you go to Chick Fil A on Wednesday? I did - late lunch - had the chicken broiled sandwich and a small salad. Took home a large salad with chicken strips and many other fixings. All of it was delicious.

Went to the Chick Fil A in Marlton, NJ. The employees were top notch and everyone seemed to be having a pleasurable dining experience. Crowded? Oh, my. We (family) went at about 3pm and can only imagine what the numbers were like during the lunch hours and later during the supper hours.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Chick Fila has great food.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Mike, my position on gays and gay marriage was well known in here and the other place, but I'll reiterate it once again.

Although I am a staunch conservative, there are two issues that divide me from the right. First, I am not for the death penalty. Second, let gays do as they wish and desire. Just leave them be and let them have the same rights as everyone else.

We'll agree to disagree on the food.

I went to Chick Fil A to support the right to free speech. The CEO's stance is his opinion and I am all for free speech - agree or disagree. That is why I went yesterday. Well, for the food too.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me, this is one of those classic free speech issues.

Chick absolutely has the right to say whatever they want and to support whatever causes they want. Their potential customers also have a right to say what they want with their words or wallets.

I like that both sides are sticking to their guns on this one. If the restaurant chain feels this is an important issue to them and is willing to suffer the "cost" so be it. If the customer feels this important issue and wants to complain or boycott... well, that's great too!

My personal opinion isn't all that important here about who's right or wrong. I think it is a conversation worth having and I'm glad we're having it.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm sort of the opposite of burgold on this one.

I mean, I'm all for free speech. On that I think we all agree.

But I just wish someone could speak his (or her) mind without it immediately turning into a thing. So some private citizen voiced an opinion. Is it REALLY that big a deal? It's freaking fast food chain. Eat there. Don't eat there. Who cares?

Did anyone NOT know Chick-fil-A was a 'Christian' chain? I thought it was common knowledge for years, and has never had any bearing on whether I ate there or not.

I personally think it's disgusting that some elected officials actually actively attempting to block these restaurants from being built based on this. In my opinion that IS a violation of the First Amendment, and not something that anyone should be supporting.

And this has nothing to do with my opinion on gay marriage. I think I've been fairly clear that I do not side with Chick-fil-A on that issue. Having nothing to do with this, I've never eaten there and I probably never will. I just am so sick of all the outrage based on something like this that really doesn't matter. On both sides.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post
    Mike, my position on gays and gay marriage was well known in here and the other place, but I'll reiterate it once again.

Although I am a staunch conservative, there are two issues that divide me from the right. First, I am not for the death penalty. Second, let gays do as they wish and desire. Just leave them be and let them have the same rights as everyone else.

We'll agree to disagree on the food.

I went to Chick Fil A to support the right to free speech. The CEO's stance is his opinion and I am all for free speech - agree or disagree. That is why I went yesterday. Well, for the food too.
    Jon Stewart did a great bit on this last night (and the night before). He's been hammering the cities that have come out against chik-fil-a and making jokes about how the conservatives have a valid 1st amendment right complaint for once.

I don't agree with the opinions of the CEO of Chik-fil-a, but I certainly don't think that he should be penalized for them (by the government, local state or federal).

now... if people want to speak with their wallets, so be it. they have that right as well. but the government should stay out of it. as far as i know chik-fil-a runs a completely legit business.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Minnesota

I do not have a problem with the CEO's right to free speech, and I do not have a problem with his ability to form his own opinions on gay marriage. I do, however, have a problem with the organizations that he donates to, organizations which advocate against equal rights for gay people (not just against gay marriage). As a result, I was extremely disappointed when I went out Wednesday and saw such long lines at the local CFA. I wasn't mad. I wasn't angry. I was disappointed.

Personally, I stopped eating there when I found out their chicken contains MSG.
    0 0 0 0

The challenge ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Have never eaten at Chic's. Planned on it Wednesday, but enough people showed up to get the point across without my assistance. Was glad to see the turn out in support of the owners right to have an opinion.

But I wouldn't stand in line that long at a real restaurant, much less a fast food joint.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

And on the side of complete insanity, there's this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thNqs9fPcgM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Real classy, going to berate the woman probably making $8/hr. Nice job, you really showed her a thing or two. And got back at Chick FilA too.

Asshat. All for free speech, but I hope karma takes a nice bite out of his ass.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Yeah... really impressive. berating someone working at the drive through window.

Because she sits in the meetings and makes those decisions...

He really feels that what he did was purposeful, that he accomplished something. Very pathetic.

On the other hand, she did a marvelous job handling the situation. Hopefully she is at least thanked by someone higher up in the organization for doing so.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Dumbass. That there is natural selection, folks. Idiot.

Thanks for posting that, T. Made my day.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I just am so sick of all the outrage based on something like this that really doesn't matter. On both sides.
    This is where I'm at. I think being loud and boycotting them and going there to eat on Wednesday because a mouth-breather like Mike Huckabee said to are equally dumb.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Its more outrageous that they're closed on Sunday!

If you live in the DC area and choose Chik-fil-A over the many Peruvian rotisserie chicken joints in the area, that's the real outrage!
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I could care less about gay marriage...about as much as Obama cares about forcing religious institutions to provide free contraception. One in a long series of efforts to shape-shift values and bend centuries old social/moral structures. we will certainly see if a better society emerges out of all this ideological crap. there's obviously a lot more in play here than just free speech....though it is delicious to observe...yet again....the Left's reflexive response when its dogma is challenged: shut it down! (see Chicago, San Francisco, etc., etc.)
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance View Post
    Personally, I stopped eating there when I found out their chicken contains MSG.
    Doesn't pretty much all fast food chicken ?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    I could care less about gay marriage...about as much as Obama cares about forcing religious institutions to provide free contraception. One in a long series of efforts to shape-shift values and bend centuries old social/moral structures. we will certainly see if a better society emerges out of all this ideological crap. there's obviously a lot more in play here than just free speech....though it is delicious to observe...yet again....the Left's reflexive response when its dogma is challenged: shut it down! (see Chicago, San Francisco, etc., etc.)
    The reaction of those cities was deplorable, and not constitutional. Hopefully they get challenged and lose. Absolutely absurd, reflexive actions. Your last sentence is pretty true, though I will add I am sure you know the Right does the same, correct? Both sides are overly adhered to their viewpoints, and opposed to any counter views.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

nevermind.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    Jon Stewart did a great bit on this last night (and the night before). He's been hammering the cities that have come out against chik-fil-a and making jokes about how the conservatives have a valid 1st amendment right complaint for once.
    I hate that I missed this. Anyone have a link to a video of the Daily Show on this topic ?
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Here is something some of you should enjoy. Background, the girl who worked at CFA in the drive-thru is Rachel.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmP9S...ure=youtu.be&a[/video]

What an idiot! It's bad enough what you did, but to grovel on youtube? What a ______!!!!! (Fill in the blank)
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.