• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Poof: Snyder no longer owns the team: BGO does

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What do we do, in the next week, month, at the end of the season, and up until the draft?

If I owned the team right now, I would go to Zorn and tell him to stop worrying about his future and start coaching this team for the present. If he can settle down and overcome the obvious fear he exhibits, he might begin to enjoy things a little more. He has to get control of this team now!

As far as the end of the season goes, I would have to wait to see how he reacts to the sit down. If it worked and he loosened up some to field guys who wanted to win for him and we made the playoffs, I would give him the time he deserved. If they do not make the playoffs, he is done!

In the offseason when Zorn has been fired I go after Bill Cowher. Not a fan of Shanahan or Holmgren on the sidelines here. But if Zorn can turn this thing around I wouldn't mind seeing Holmgren come in here in the same capacity as Bill Parcells in Miami.

Last edited:
Start looking for a new GM stat!!!!!

Figure out what this team has and what this team needs to have to complement the players you plan on keeping. Ie. what Offenseive system are we running? Should we stay 4-3, go 3-4 (Haynesworth as a NT, Griff and Alexander as DEs, Orakpo and Wilson as OLBs?) go 4-6/Ryan D.

Find a GM who won't boot lick the owners shoes and have said GM find a coach who will fit the team's desired schemes.

Hire the HC first!!!!!!
Have that HC pick his OC and DC and let him do his job......

Get rid of every player that won't work for this team via cuts and trades.....and in this try to get as many draft picks available. I don't care if any of theses guys are fan favorites or not, if they don't fit the plan- scrap them. No player has done enough on this team to be worth of a must keep.

Try to draft as many Oline and Dlinemen as needed to rebuild said lines. That will be our strength. Find an elder QB (maybe Collins?) who can run the team for 1-2 years while mentoring the future of the team......or find a kid good enough to be a starter by day 1.

Needs: Entire Oline, QB, RB, WR, DT, LB, CB, K

that's just the start......

I'm looking for a GM. A real one.

Pray it's a cap free year right now. There would be some high priced vets without a job. I believe Portis and Moss go first

First. I fire all of the staff at Redskins Park 'get your **** and get out'.
Then, I crap all over history and tradition and sell the stadium naming rights to the highest bidder.
Next, because I'm so effing smart and clever, I ignore the advice experienced owners give me and hire my best friend to help me run the team.
And then I give every coach in America the job, but not for more than 3 years, because coaches get all 'knowitty' and 'sassy' - I can't have that.
And of course, I sell anything I can put the logo on for a million gazillion dollars (ever seen pets with Redskins tattoo's burned into their fur? You'll get your chance and they'll be priced at a more than reasonable $99.99 each)

Oh.

Wait.

We've already done all that :)

If I owned the team right now, I would go to Zorn and tell him to stop worrying about his future and start coaching this team for the present. If he can settle down and overcome the obvious fear he exhibits, he might begin to enjoy things a little more. He has to get control of this team now!

As far as the end of the season goes, I would have to wait to see how he reacts to the sit down. If it worked and he loosened up some to field guys who wanted to win for him and we made the playoffs, I would give him the time he deserved. If they do not make the playoffs, he is done!

In the offseason when Zorn has been fired I go after Bill Cowher. Not a fan of Shanahan or Holmgren on the sidelines here. But if Zorn can turn this thing around I wouldn't mind seeing Holmgren come in here in the same capacity as Bill Parcells in Miami.

This sounds about right. But I'd fire Ceratto tomorrow and find myself a real GM to help put this team together.

First. I fire all of the staff at Redskins Park 'get your **** and get out'.
Then, I crap all over history and tradition and sell the stadium naming rights to the highest bidder.
Next, because I'm so effing smart and clever, I ignore the advice experienced owners give me and hire my best friend to help me run the team.
And then I give every coach in America the job, but not for more than 3 years, because coaches get all 'knowitty' and 'sassy' - I can't have that.
And of course, I sell anything I can put the logo on for a million gazillion dollars (ever seen pets with Redskins tattoo's burned into their fur? You'll get your chance and they'll be priced at a more than reasonable $99.99 each)

Who is Daniel Snyder? Alex.

I'll continue the category and take has-been owners for $1000.

Call Ron Wolf...assuming he will answer the phone for a call from Redskins Park.

I think most of us agree that getting a real GM and setting a direction for the franchise is probably the most critical thing this team has lacked for the past decade.

Neo, I agree with your line of thinking. Ron Wolf might be on my short list of people to call but he's no spring chicken and I'm not sure how plugged into the league he is at this point having been out of action for several years. I would want to consult him though as to see what we should be looking for in our next GM.

We should also resist the urge to set the way back machine and get someone like Casserly. His time has come and gone. We should look seriously at organizations that have had success in building teams. We need to learn from them and bring in someone from one of those organizations who has had success. Failing to lure one of the “big names” away we could still get a highly qualified person who is waiting in the wings in one of those organizations and who is ready to take the next step.

Maybe we can't get Ozzie Newsome (Ravens) but we might get his right hand man. Same thing for guys like Jerry Reese (Giants) or Tom Heckert (Eagles). I might even give a guy like Floyd Reese a look. He was the GM for the Oilers/Titans from 94'-06 and works for the Pats now.

Once we get the right GM in place THEN we search for the right coach. I don't like the WCO but if the GM does then we need to find the coach that believes in that philosophy. That way the GM knows what type of players to bring in. The Coach and GM need to collaborate on the Offensive and Defensive coordinators with the final say going to the coach. Final say on personnel issues will go to the GM but it should be a collaborative effort.

At that point I'd let the GM and coach do their jobs knowing that I've done everything I could to make things work. I would be involved (because I own the freakin team) but I would stay in the shadows as much as possible. I would know that a new coach with a new system and new players may take some time to come together. I would give them that time with the understanding that what we want is sustained success and not some all or nothing grab for a one season run at the Super Bowl. At the end of each season we would sit down and discuss what we need to do going forward and if changes need to be made.

How does that sound?

Savage was connected with some good moves before the whole e-mail incident. I'd be willing to give him a look.

I think most of us agree that getting a real GM and setting a direction for the franchise is probably the most critical thing this team has lacked for the past decade.

Neo, I agree with your line of thinking. Ron Wolf might be on my short list of people to call but he's no spring chicken and I'm not sure how plugged into the league he is at this point having been out of action for several years. I would want to consult him though as to see what we should be looking for in our next GM.

We should also resist the urge to set the way back machine and get someone like Casserly. His time has come and gone. We should look seriously at organizations that have had success in building teams. We need to learn from them and bring in someone from one of those organizations who has had success. Failing to lure one of the “big names” away we could still get a highly qualified person who is waiting in the wings in one of those organizations and who is ready to take the next step.

Maybe we can't get Ozzie Newsome (Ravens) but we might get his right hand man. Same thing for guys like Jerry Reese (Giants) or Tom Heckert (Eagles). I might even give a guy like Floyd Reese a look. He was the GM for the Oilers/Titans from 94'-06 and works for the Pats now.

Once we get the right GM in place THEN we search for the right coach. I don't like the WCO but if the GM does then we need to find the coach that believes in that philosophy. That way the GM knows what type of players to bring in. The Coach and GM need to collaborate on the Offensive and Defensive coordinators with the final say going to the coach. Final say on personnel issues will go to the GM but it should be a collaborative effort.

At that point I'd let the GM and coach do their jobs knowing that I've done everything I could to make things work. I would be involved (because I own the freakin team) but I would stay in the shadows as much as possible. I would know that a new coach with a new system and new players may take some time to come together. I would give them that time with the understanding that what we want is sustained success and not some all or nothing grab for a one season run at the Super Bowl. At the end of each season we would sit down and discuss what we need to do going forward and if changes need to be made.

How does that sound?

All of those ideas sound reasonable and potentially productive directions to pursue in the interests of extracting the Redskins from the mire they are in.

There is, however, a a problem associated with the successful implementation of plans such as those you have outlined. There first has to be an admission that the course you have been following is either a.) wrong, b.)mis-directed, or c.)non-productive. Any directional change not predicated on this admission is almost guaranteed to be either a cosmetic designed to enhance appearance or an exercise in CYA.

(Informational aside: in the marketing industry, the cosmetic type of improvement is called re-branding; the change of enough surface-level aspects of a product's "appeal" without having to resort to the trouble of changing the product itself to make it appear to be an attractive choice. Certain well-known individuals well established records of creative genius in this industry are closely involved with the Redskin organization-perhaps if contacted they can offer more detailed information.)

I have noticed an apparent reluctance, bordering on refusal, to make one of the admissions outlined above-either a.) wrongness "Hey, do you think we ought to try something else?", b.)mis-directed "Are we doing this right?", or c.)non-productive "This ain't workin' dude." This refusal seems to be universal-it exists throughout the coaching staff, the FO-every level of the organization-all the way to the top, where it is so intrinsic a personality component that an admission of this type would herald the coming of the Apocalypse.

Long story short; not while the big "D" holdeth the reigns, my friend.

Saw this thread pulled up in the 'similar thread' list while perusing the 'Stare at Boobs for Longer Life' thread (I'm feeling like I could live forever, but suddenly my vision seems to be declining???)....

Gotta give Walking Deadman some props here...so far, he pretty much nailed what's occurred.

Start looking for a new GM stat!!!!!

Figure out what this team has and what this team needs to have to complement the players you plan on keeping. Ie. what Offenseive system are we running? Should we stay 4-3, go 3-4 (Haynesworth as a NT, Griff and Alexander as DEs, Orakpo and Wilson as OLBs?) go 4-6/Ryan D.

Find a GM who won't boot lick the owners shoes and have said GM find a coach who will fit the team's desired schemes.

Hire the HC first!!!!!!
Have that HC pick his OC and DC and let him do his job......

Get rid of every player that won't work for this team via cuts and trades.....and in this try to get as many draft picks available. I don't care if any of theses guys are fan favorites or not, if they don't fit the plan- scrap them. No player has done enough on this team to be worth of a must keep.

Try to draft as many Oline and Dlinemen as needed to rebuild said lines. That will be our strength. Find an elder QB (maybe Collins?) who can run the team for 1-2 years while mentoring the future of the team......or find a kid good enough to be a starter by day 1.

Needs: Entire Oline, QB, RB, WR, DT, LB, CB, K

that's just the start......

All hail WD :cheers:

All this proves is that WD is smarter than Dan Snyder. I coulda told you that before this thread. :)

Hey I try......:)

Thanks for the props Boone and Lanky

I'm just glad Snyder is reading BGO :biggrin2:

Also, if you notice this is exactly what Josh McDaniels is doing in Denver as well (although I don't agree with his plans).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.