A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Navy

Default Obama meeting fake

Is he for real

As I stated in my post, Obama Stages an ‘Unscheduled’ Visit With 3 Veterans in Portland, the “unscheduled,” coincidental meet between Barack Obama and 3 area Veterans was indeed “scheduled.”

All three have now admitted to the Oregonian newspaper that “On Tuesday morning, all three met with a staffer and were driven to the restaurant and arrived shortly before Obama. The three said the restaurant workers and other patrons received notice only a few minutes before the president arrived.”

Also admitted, “All have connections to the Obama reelection campaign and were presumably chosen for good political reasons.”

Click above for rest of article
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Seems like a totally legit news source to me. Also something I can see myself caring about deeply.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    Seems like a totally legit news source to me. Also something I can see myself caring about deeply.
    Although I know you consider everything they say hogwash, would an actual news source recognized by everybody suffice if they covered the same story?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...r-own-reality/
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we've known this for years......look at all the town halls and the planted questions.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

If I hadn't just gotten out of bed, I would go find examples of this from every politican ever. As FS said, town hall plants, "coincidence" meetings, etc are now part of the drill for politicians. I'm afraid I've become inured.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    A lie is a lie is a lie. And if he lied and has in the past its a problem
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Get ready to be always disappointed. Politicians lie. All of them. A lot!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I don't think anyone is giving him a pass, just looking for consistency. Seems like a lot of Republicans are screaming bloody murder about things they didn't think was a big deal when W was in office. And yes, the Dems do it/have done it as well. Not excusing either side, just tired of both sides' hypocrisy.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I hear you, and agree. However, looking at things from the Democrats side, I understand their frustration. For eight years we were all told it was unpatriotic to criticize a sitting president, particularly during a war. Given the tomfoolery that went on during his administration, this was a difficult message for many to swallow.

Now that the other guy is in office though, it's all good? Fair game? Those of us in the middle take note of these things, believe me.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

looking at things from the Democrats side, I understand their frustration. For eight years we were all told it was unpatriotic to criticize a sitting president, particularly during a war.

Now that the other guy is in office though, it's all good? Fair game?
    Seriously, how many people adhered to that advice? Maybe just under 1%? Bush got assaulted daily in every source of media well beyond what was fair game. It was flat out vile, 100% of the time. People have killed themselves over far less criticism than what he had to endure.

Those of us in the middle take note of these things, believe me.
    Middle......you? Not saying you aren't, just that your posting history here doesn't support it. It would be like me saying I'm a Liberal

What's your voting history? Last election, I voted McCain for president, but I voted for a Democratic Congressman, a Democratic state Senator, and a Democratic Mayor. I actually worked on Glen Nye's reelection campaign, and he's a Democrat. And a lot of you think I'm so far right I sit on Sean Hannity's lap.

People can say they're in the middle all they want, but if you typically only vote one way......Not saying you do by the way, I'm speaking generally, because I obviously don't know how you vote.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

You missed my point completely. The point is not what actually happened, the point is the stink the Republicans raised because of that criticism. All we heard for 8 years was that criticism was unpatriotic, making a big deal out of nothing, etc. and then given the opportunity to show us all how to do things right, they... Did exactly what they screamed about the Dems doing.

My voting history is 100% Republican. I have never voted for a Dem. Ever. I actually am fairly conservative on a lot of issues, I just don't like the direction the Republican Party is headed in right now. At all. Not saying the Dems are any better, but the GOP is hugely disappointing right now.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Mike, I wasn't intending to give Obama a pass. I was simply saying, politicians lying is the status quo. Show me a politician who never lies, and I'll poop a unicorn.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If Obama did that its a pretty crappy thing to do. As someone who voted for Obama in 08, Ive been ... less than inspired by his campaign tactics over the past six months or so.

Posted With Tapatalk
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    This election feels like

The liar vs the man who wants to be the next liar.
    Yep. Pretty much nailed it.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    If Obama did that its a pretty crappy thing to do. As someone who voted for Obama in 08, Ive been ... less than inspired by his campaign tactics over the past six months or so.

Posted With Tapatalk
    Same here. I hate the mudslinging in general, and wish it was illegal.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

You missed my point completely. The point is not what actually happened, the point is the stink the Republicans raised because of that criticism. All we heard for 8 years was that criticism was unpatriotic, making a big deal out of nothing, etc. and then given the opportunity to show us all how to do things right, they... Did exactly what they screamed about the Dems doing.
    Ok, I see what you're saying. It's like the whole fingerpointing issue not making it better, right? If so, I agree.

But you have to admit, the criticism against Bush was relentless and unprecedented. The criticism against Obama isn't lacking, but the level of vile volatility in the criticisms is nowhere near the same.

My voting history is 100% Republican. I have never voted for a Dem. Ever.
    Partisan hack

I actually am fairly conservative on a lot of issues, I just don't like the direction the Republican Party is headed in right now. At all. Not saying the Dems are any better, but the GOP is hugely disappointing right now.
    True. This fits my whole both sides suck worse than each other argument. It's a lose-lose proposition, it's just a matter of choosing how much or how little to lose.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Mike, I wasn't intending to give Obama a pass. I was simply saying, politicians lying is the status quo. Show me a politician who never lies, and I'll poop a unicorn.
    It seemed to me like the point he was conveying was that it shouldn't be accepted as the status quo, and just because it is doesn't mean it gets a pass. Not saying that's what he intended with it, but that's what I took from it, and I agree with it completely.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Same here. I hate the mudslinging in general, and wish it was illegal.
    I agree completely, I've been saying this for years. Unfortunately, this is made impossible due to the fact that independent organizations can say whatever they want, even if it is a known lie. ban them too I say.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Perhaps, Ex. I remember quite a bit of vile criticism being leveled at Slick Willie, however. Both sides complain when their guy is in office and adopt the martyr position, then do it themselves when the tables are turned.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    But you have to admit, the criticism against Bush was relentless and unprecedented. The criticism against Obama isn't lacking, but the level of vile volatility in the criticisms is nowhere near the same.
    Depends on your party affiliation. Either that, or you haven't been paying attention!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Depends on your party affiliation. Either that, or you haven't been paying attention!
    It doesn't. If you're trying to debate that point, you're the only one.

With Bush, talking heads on tv were making comments about Bush that would get someone fired or accused of racism if they applied the same comment to Obama. You don't remember around 2007-2008 when things got so over the top out of control, that these anchors and party officials were having to try to defend what they were saying as being protected by free speech? There's almost none of that going on right now. Bush did not have a single friendly media outlet in the last half of his second term, but there are still more than enough Obama friendly sources around who will never utter a negative word about him.

It all goes back to the media debate we had. When one source is outnumbered 100:1 and those 100 sources lean one way, that gives more outlet for hate speech against the right. Not to mention the non political involvement from Hollywood. Another thing you don't have railing against Obama.

Again, I'm not saying Obama isn't catching hell for being a buffoon, I'm saying he isn't catching the vast level of all out hatred from Hollywood and the media that Bush had to deal with. The scope and magnitude don't even belong in the same discussion.
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List