• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tech/Computer advice from me

Edit....I'm a dumbass, I forgot to bring up the command prompt first. Explains the disappearing act.

Last edited:
You can get the black box through the start system tools menu also, that should fix that disappearing deal.

Ok your using IPv6 and have a load of crap from it bogging up things. Try this of you are not using a N to anywhere.

Disable IPv6
========
1) Go to “Control Panel - Network Connections”.
2) Right-Click on the connection and click Properties.
3) Uncheck the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 6 in the list and click OK.
4) Please reboot the computer to see if it works.

Damn, I apologize, I just realized I did the readout from the wireless I was using. I hooked the Motorola back up, here's the readout from that.....

View attachment 528

Last edited:
I did, and rebooted, no change.

One thing I did notice was for my network connections, under local area connection in the past it always said Nathan-PC. Nothing else. Now, it says Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, and the connection is shared. It never showed either of these before, does it mean anything?

Did all the tunnel stuff disappear in the ipconfig?

The problem is all the tunnel adapters in your ipconfig. Your router appears to be hooked to the cable company fine. You can go to device manager and remove the tunnel adapters, but this is getting into an area I'm not that confident in and don't want to steer you wrong.

Here is a link to some info about what I think is happening to you.

http://blog.brimur.com/?p=836

Interesting. Let me ask you something that you might be able to answer. All of my internet problems started when I was using Verizon. Verizon couldn't fix the problem, which is why I told them to cancel at the end of the billing cycle, and I went with Cox. The weird thing is, I never do Windows updates. They always seem to create a problem. But when the bubble popped up a few weeks ago, it told me I had 115 new updates I needed to install. So even though I rarely if ever do it, I went ahead and did it. And then the problems started. Is it possible that all of these problems were created by a Windows update? If so, could I just do a system recovery and reset my system to factory settings and be good to go? I know how to do that, and even though it's time consuming and a total pain in the ass, because I always lose about half of my favorites and stuff even if I save them to a flash drive, I would much rather do that if it would solve the problem than attempt something I have zero knowledge of.

And just so I don't forget, thanks a ton for all of your help. I was completely lost, and having a direction to go helps immensely.

Interesting. Let me ask you something that you might be able to answer. All of my internet problems started when I was using Verizon. Verizon couldn't fix the problem, which is why I told them to cancel at the end of the billing cycle, and I went with Cox. The weird thing is, I never do Windows updates. They always seem to create a problem. But when the bubble popped up a few weeks ago, it told me I had 115 new updates I needed to install. So even though I rarely if ever do it, I went ahead and did it. And then the problems started. Is it possible that all of these problems were created by a Windows update? If so, could I just do a system recovery and reset my system to factory settings and be good to go? I know how to do that, and even though it's time consuming and a total pain in the ass, because I always lose about half of my favorites and stuff even if I save them to a flash drive, I would much rather do that if it would solve the problem than attempt something I have zero knowledge of.

And just so I don't forget, thanks a ton for all of your help. I was completely lost, and having a direction to go helps immensely.

I don't think you need to go to that extreme, maybe wait until Tshile or big mike check in here. They might be able to save you a lot of grief. If they can't help you out then maybe consider it. I'd first try running the program in that link to remove the tunnels. They seem to cause issues with connections. Not sure why or how they screw them up though. I don't think the updates were the problem, but can't say they were not either.

Out of nothing more than pure frustration, I did a full system recovery. It didn't change anything. From what I can gather, and I could be wrong, it seems like I have a signal all the way up to the modem, but not beyond.

After talking to Motorola technical support for the last 30-45 minutes, they advised me to return the modem. We went through all kinds of elaborate stuff, and they said it appears that everything is getting to the modem and vanishing, and they don't know why. They said they are about 90% sure the modem is the problem. Hopefully a new one will do the trick. And I'm not going with Motorola. Just like my experience with LG phones, Motorola products never seem to work for me.

anything/anyone else using your phone lines Ex? has the line(s) itself been checked? DSL is an asymmetric technology that has had issues....such as shared phone lines, frequency cutoffs, etc. I use my mother's DSL when in her place and it can be slow...especially if someone else is sharing your wireless ... :) ...

By machine do you mean computer? If so, my computer doesn't have a coax connector, so I have to run the cable through the modem. And the problem wasn't the router as Motorola thought it may be, because I swapped it out for a Zoom and it's doing the same thing. The problem is definitely on the Cox end of things, I just don't know where. I worked a Summer installing cable and internet, and I've checked the box, the interface on the side of the house, and the entire length of cable, and I don't see where there's a problem anywhere. I'm just completely baffled.

I still think its something in your network setup on your computer. Do you have another device you can try to use to hook up through wireless or wired like a phone??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.