• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tech/Computer advice from me

I'm the wrong person to be asking about connectivity problems as my ISP doesn't want to know, or just doesn't accept, that my modem keeps shutting down.

However, all I can suggest is that you start your connection from scratch. Delete all known 'networks' from the system, upgrade the drivers before re-establishing your connection. If you can connect now it means you have a wifi driver, so it's important to upgrade that.

If that doesn't work, try to stay connect when wired to the 'net. If that doesn't work, maybe your 'old' pc is too old!

If that doesn't work, try to stay connect when wired to the 'net. If that doesn't work, maybe your 'old' pc is too old!

Actually it wasn't my old PC that had the problem.
I mentioned 2 devices, and I brought up the old PC, as a comparison, to show that 1- it wasn't a issue with the service provider since the laptop had the issue but the old PC did not, and 2- just how bad the issue was with the 'newer' laptop, since its wifi was being way outperformed by a PC that was about 15 years older.

So anyway, I took the easy way out, and backed up my files and did a System Reset, and I'm going to see how that works.

Thanks !

Actually it wasn't my old PC that had the problem.
I mentioned 2 devices, and I brought up the old PC, as a comparison, to show that 1- it wasn't a issue with the service provider since the laptop had the issue but the old PC did not, and 2- just how bad the issue was with the 'newer' laptop, since its wifi was being way outperformed by a PC that was about 15 years older.

So anyway, I took the easy way out, and backed up my files and did a System Reset, and I'm going to see how that works.

Thanks !

I would suggest updating the drivers, and depending one what you have, you may be able to get those drivers from the manufacturer of the chipset, versus the manufacturer of the computer. That honestly sorts out most wireless issues similar to yours.

TBH, if your computer is more than 3 years old, it is outdated. I have 2 months to go on my current contract then I will update both my laptop and my tablet.

There was no resolution. Problem persists and persists no matter what action taken. And laptop is little over 1 year old.

Depends on configuration, but I had issues with bad solid state memory with a new machine in the near past. 2017 MacBook Pros, for example, had a statistically significant incident rate. Anywho, if still under warranty, you may try to get the vendor to run a few tests. I was thinking
driver, a bad card or corrupted network stack when I read your posts. Sometimes, however, the answer is where you're not looking - how's that for a Yoda response!

Ok, tech gurus.

Daddy needs a new desktop PC. Give me your recommendations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.