• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tech/Computer advice from me

Oh I can, & that's definitely what I prefer to do. The USPS and a few other agencies contract out background checks and piss tests that ONLY accept faxed consent forms tho.

Do they have a staples or office Depot around there?

I don't know if you can fax without a land line...but don't quote me on that either

Yeah they do, I actually faxed the info from the drug testing facility lol. Just seems outdated as hell to receive vital information from fax only.

That was my question tho to see if there's a way to fax without owning a hard line. Everything I've read says you can't, just wanted to check with my BGO IT staff first.

Efax. I scan docs and then fax them using it. Or just fax existing word docs on my hard drive.

I use to be able to send a fax via computer back in the day of Windows 3.1, so there is bound to be a computer based fax program to be found. Google will help in that quest.

Didn't see the site issue thread and I know I've asked before but is anyone else getting bounced from BGO lately? Swear everything acts fine for a post or 2 then it states I have to re-log in several times.

Just curious if it's you guys too or my putrid service. I use my phone too, if that makes any difference or not.

I haven't had any problems like that. We have a whole forum for feedback and tech issues but it's fine putting it here too.

Ok that narrows it to my end for sure. So off the top of your heads you guys know if that's a router problem or what I can check?

**** n A, is there something I should check at my house when my service is interrupted constantly? Like router or something?

Swear I have to re-log in like 5 times an hour to BGO. I know it's not the site but shitty connection, idk.

First thing is to check with your ISP to make sure 1/. they are not doing any maintenance in your area, and 2/. they should be able to do a line check to see if there is anything wrong at their end. If everything checks out, refer to your monthly data limit and see if 1/. you are still within your allowance, and 2/. the bill has from last month has been paid.

Now it's all at your end. Turn off the modem for 30 minutes. If you have a router, turn that off as well. This is the perfect time to think of a new password, and if you know how to change your modem's password, do it and do not tell anyone at this stage, not even family. If the kids start whinging and saying they have an assignment that needs to be handed in tomorrow, tell them they should have thought about that earlier. You also get to test the set-up with only one computer using it.

If the problem is now solved, it means too many others were using the set-up, forcing it to shut down. Now you can bring in other computers and devices slowly, one at a time, and watch the performance change.

Other than that, maybe it's time for a new modem!

There is no guarantee it will fix the problem though! With my set-up, the modem (wifi) is in the loungeroom, but my desktop is in the bedroom some 20ft away (in a straight line). Everything works perfectly. My laptop, however, is about 18ft from my modem and works OK where it usually stays, but when I take the laptop outside and set it up about 3ft away from my desktop, the laptop doesn't get a signal. So, I purchased a signal booster and plug it in where my laptop usually sits, and I can get a strong signal anywhere in the yard. Go figure!

Not buyin Belkin anymore.
Had a Belkin Wireless USB Adaptor, that crapped out after about 2 years.
Meanwhile, I have a Linksys Wireless Adaptor, that's still goin strong, after purchasing it 6 years ago.
And as an indication of how prehistoric this one is, it's actually compatible with Windows 98.

Last edited:
I have still have a business association/relationship with several companies, including that large company in the state of Washington. After some issues this weekend, it ended after twenty-four years. Hello Firefox. I like the experience thus far.

Belkin actually makes terrible routers. They have now acquired Linksys, so beware of that brand from now on as well. Sad, because Linksys tended to be reliable.

Belkins consistently have terrible output with their wireless signal. It's seriously like a bunch of craggy peaks, drops all over.

Belkin actually makes terrible routers. They have now acquired Linksys, so beware of that brand from now on as well. Sad, because Linksys tended to be reliable.

Belkins consistently have terrible output with their wireless signal. It's seriously like a bunch of craggy peaks, drops all over.

So, Belkin's down.....Linksys is down. Who's left, that's good ?

After some issues this weekend, it ended after twenty-four years. Hello Firefox. I like the experience thus far.

Welcome to the 21st Century, BB
Better late, than never :)

I've always had good luck with Netgear though I haven't had to buy new equipment in quite awhile...

Like Boone, I have had good luck with Netgear (use it heavily in my home office) and I also have had good luck with D-Link.

You might look around for older Lynksys stuff as well. I have one of each running in the house (yes, my house glows from space...) and all perform well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.