A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default Prisco Says 3-13 for Redskins

    I heard on ESPN 980 this afternoon that Pete Prisco has the Redskins down for 3-13 this season, evidently believing the NFC East with one 9-7 team and two 8-8 teams from 2011 is so strong that the poor Skins will go 0-6 in the division and only post wins against teams like the Vikings and Browns that were set to draft even lower than Washington before the trade with the Rams.

    So, add a quarterback and entire draft class and see 10 players from 2011 return as sophomores and end up with three less victories?

    It's a wet dream to me.

    Anyone follow Prisco often enough to say he is usually fair or usually this delusional?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,820
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    As we proved last year, the Giants are beatable. Philly and Dallas, as any objective NFL fan knows, are chronically and vastly overrated. I expect the Redskins to go .500 minimum in the NFC East this year. Barring catastrophic injuries,I see 7 wins the absolute basement for this team, and us sneaking in as a wildcard would not shock me.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    As we proved last year, the Giants are beatable. Philly and Dallas, as any objective NFL fan knows, are chronically and vastly overrated. I expect the Redskins to go .500 minimum in the NFC East this year.
    Without looking up the stats, so I could be wrong, but I'm leaning to the belief that the Redskins have rarely in the past couple decades had a .500 record or better against divisional opponents for the seasons. We typically suck big-time against our own division....especially sucking in our division. SURE, we get an occasional sweep against 1 division team, as we did last season, but often go winless or close to it, against the rest of the division.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4

    Join Date
    06-30-09
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,569
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indiana

    Default

    Ummm...he also predicts the Pats to go 16-0 and lose the SB to the Packers.

    Uh-huh.

    Here's Prisco's predictions for every game this upcoming season.


    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...sound-familiar
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    I'm giving it a 2-4 year window. Looking for improvement in all areas. Redskins, you're on the clock.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,820
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    Without looking up the stats, so I could be wrong, but I'm leaning to the belief that the Redskins have rarely in the past couple decades had a .500 record or better against divisional opponents for the seasons. We typically suck big-time against our own division....especially sucking in our division. SURE, we get an occasional sweep against 1 division team, as we did last season, but often go winless or close to it, against the rest of the division.
    I think you're overstating it - but I'd have to look it up too. We haven't had the combination of an above average (forget talented) QB coupled with a solid running game and good defense in a long time either.

    I'll stand by my prediction (I'm confident I'll end up closer to right than Prisco anyway). Dallas and Philadelphia aren't significantly better than us and we already know on a good day the Giants can be beaten.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  6. #6

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    17,820
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    94
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    Quick glance Fear - we were .500 or better in 2005, 2007, 2008 (Zorn achieved it for God's sake), and were a win away from .500 in 2010 and 2011.

    Prior to Gibbs, you're closer to being right - we had some tough years against NFC East foes. But recently, we've been pretty competitive.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

    You ain't bonafide

  7. #7
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    03-30-10
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    7,321
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Florida State

    Default

    I tend to agree with Boone's prediction on this one. We are improved at the most important position on the field. That alone should bring more wins.

    I believe the jury is still out on Shanahan at this stage of his career, but we have some talent. Surely more than Prisco is giving us credit for.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  8. #8

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Not only are we improved in the most important position on the field (frankly, starting Helu and Moss back there and running 100% wildcat would've been an improvement), our RBs & OL will have had another offseason of working on the ZBS. It took Shanahan a couple years in Denver to get the run game really cranking - I think year 3 in DC will be the year it all starts to click.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9

    Join Date
    04-12-09
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4,673
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Hey, at least Prisco is being bold. 99% of the 'experts' out there just look at the previous year's record and add or subtract a win. But man, he really doesn't think much of us, does he?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Quick glance Fear - we were .500 or better in 2005, 2007, 2008 (Zorn achieved it for God's sake), and were a win away from .500 in 2010 and 2011.

    Prior to Gibbs, you're closer to being right - we had some tough years against NFC East foes. But recently, we've been pretty competitive.
    Interesting stat, thanks for looking that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Hey, at least Prisco is being bold. 99% of the 'experts' out there just look at the previous year's record and add or subtract a win.
    Yea, I HATE this about those sportswriters' predictions. Other than the Dallas Cowboys, almost all of them, always predict the next Super Bowl matchup to be teams who were in a recent Super Bowl, or at least close to it. They are so un-original in their predictions.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  11. #11

    Join Date
    03-30-10
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,252
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    FWIW I think Prisco is one of those guys that truly loathes the Redskins and Snyder and has a hard time keeping his bias from affecting his judgement with this team. He's truly a "hater" from what I've seen. I know that's a common sports fan meme (every negative/critical article about any team is filled with comments accusing the author of being a hater with an agenda) but I try to avoid doling that label out unless it's as exceedingly obvious as it has become with Prisco. It's literally stunning when he has anything at all positive to say about the team.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-19-09
    Location
    Bethesda Md
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    If the Redskins could find someone other than Hall to cover Dez Bryant on third/fourth and long, the team may have been better than .500 in the division.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  13. #13

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog's Twin View Post
    If the Redskins could find someone other than Hall to cover Dez Bryant on third/fourth and long, the team may have been better than .500 in the division.


    Why?
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

 

 

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •