• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Best Free Antivirus?

You can't inadvertently remove anything with it. It only removes files you have already previously deleted and cleared out of the recycling bin. It's error proof.

A good example....I used to have lots of music, movies, pics, etc. stored on my system. When I got an external HD to put them on, I no longer needed them eating up the space on my system, so disk redactor did what simply deleting them wouldn't, and cleared up over 2GB of space. I still defrag once a week, but disk redactor removes what simple deleting and defragging doesn't.

it's just removing orphaned items - that is objects on your hard drive that no longer show up in the file allocation table.

and nothing is error proof these days :)

if it works for you then thats all that really matters :)

I know that Mac is not virus proof. However, I like the Mac security much better than any PC.

Macs are great...right up until they stop working and neither you nor anyone you know, including the guy at the local Apple Store, can fix it and you have to send it into Apple for work. And yeah, this has happened to every single person I know with an Apple except my Mom and hers is less than 2 years old.

I'm not against Apple but I'll be keeping my PC, thanks.

If I hadn't gotten a great deal on this computer I would still have a PC and I admit Mac's are over priced, but this is by far the best computer I have ever had.

If I hadn't gotten a great deal on this computer I would still have a PC and I admit Mac's are over priced, but this is by far the best computer I have ever had.

Apple makes quality products. I hate the way they operate, but the products they put on the shelves are of high quality. There is a reason for that, and it'll be explained eventually in the thread I just made.

well, most of the time they are of high quality. they aren't perfect either :eek:

Installed MSE this past weekend, and love it so far. Mainly because it doesn't interfere with my regular computer usage! The best anti-virus is an invisible anti-virus, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't claim to be any kind of PC expert, but based on my experience combined with a little common sense and logic, I'm going to say that Sypware Blaster is the best Anti-Spyware, of anything that I've heard of it.

It's real-time protection, and blocks the spyware from even touching your computer, unlike other anti-spyware programs that allow the spyware to take residence on your PC until you scan it manually and clean it out.

Here's how I know. If I do NOT have Spyware Blaster installed on my PC, but rather have ANY OTHER anti-spyware installed instead, as previously mentioned, that program will find stuff during that got stuck on the PC on a daily basis. Because even the most common websites will put spyware on your PC within just minutes of going online. However, if I DO have Spyware Blaster installed for that same period of time, and visit the same typical common sites that usually put spyware on the PC, if I then run a scan by one of the other Anti-Spyware programs, such as Super-AntiSpyware, it will find NOTHING WHATSOEVER. Meaning, the Spyware Blaster blocked EVERYTHING from even hitting the PC at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.