• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2012 Summer Olympics Thread

:smitten:

But it ain't Kate Upton doin' the Dougie!

Love the Olympics already, didn't really need another reason to watch, but you gave me one anyway.

USA women (soccer) just took a 3-2 lead in the 2nd half against France.

USA women win, 4-2. And the Olympic Games have (unofficially) begun.

The only redeeming thing about watching soccer is, a) it must be women's soccer, and b) which team has the hottest babes.

The only caveat is the Olympics. USA all the way. Even if the other girls are hotter.

Pretty good men's soccer match between Honduras and Morocco today, Mexico and S. Korea going at it as we speak. I love the Olympics :)

Really sucks that our men's team couldn't even qualify for the games.

Last edited:
The ladies are having a good day. USA soccer won. USA basketball won.

We just got a silver in men's archery.

Last edited:
Yep. And the queen should've smiled at least once - just once. Sheeeesh. Old dingbat. She has got to be the most hateful person in the world. Not to mention that she is just an extremely unlikable person too.

And what is the big deal about the Bond thing. That was horrible! It had potential, but it was a Bomb. James Bomb!

Didn't watch last night. Watching table tennis now, these girls are incredible, the reflexes they have. Unreal. I used to be decent in high school. But there is no chance I could get a point on either of them. Hell, I think I'd be hard pressed to land a paddle on the ball.

I didn't watch the opening ceremonies. I find them to be a snoozefest. To me they're mostly for the athletes. I really don't want to watch hours of a procession of a bunch of people I've never heard of before accompanied by lame commentary about each country and who's there best medal hope. :yawnee:

I watched some table tennis, badminton, archery (US got the silver in team competition, knocking off the number one ranked S. Koreans), volleyball (both beach and indoor), and a couple of preliminary swim races. I like that they have several channels showing the events so you can pick what you want to watch. Generally I don't care much about what the main NBC programming is (watching the cylcling road race and gymnastics prelims are things I don't care for, plus I have no interest in all their "human interest" segments on the athletes).

Does anyone really think that Phelps not medaling in his first race for a medal matters? I mean Lochte won and that's great but he criticized Phelps for not taking it seriously this Olympics. So what, what more does he have to prove? He will walk away from this Olympics with one more medal and be the all-time leader so what if he doesn't train like Lochte needs to to be as good as he is?

Yeah, that volleyball game was ridiculous. That was women against little girls yesterday, we just absolutely dominated them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.