• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PRESS RELEASE: REDSKINS SIGN OG LeRIBEUS

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
REDSKINS SIGN THIRD-ROUND PICK JOSH LERIBEUS

All 2012 Draft Picks Under Contract​

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2012 third-round draft pick guard Josh LeRibeus (71st overall). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

LeRibeus (6-2, 312), pronounced luh-REE-bus, played collegiately at SMU, where he appeared in 36 games with 28 starts. In 2011, he started all 13 games at left guard and was a member of a Mustangs offense that averaged 274.8 passing yards per game (third in Conference USA).

LeRibeus blocked for an offense in 2009 that set single-season school records in total offense (5,093), passing yards (3,666) and points (380). LeRibeus, an honorable mention All-C-USA selection in 2009, was part of an offensive line that helped block for the C-USA’s leading rusher Zach Line (1,224 rushing yards) in 2011.

LeRibeus, 23, was born on July 2, 1989. He attended Berkner H.S. in Richardson, Texas, where he was named an All-Area selection by The Dallas Morning News following his senior season.

A little surprised Bluto signed AFTER RG3. I guess it was more important for the Shanahans to get Griffin quickly into the fold than "The Dartman".

The McRib is back :)

let's hope our front office had the bead on this pick. we started tracking him in Round 2 and took him shortly thereafter but many other clubs and media had him as a #5 or #6 pick. the fact the guy was 340 at one point and only really came on this season when he slimmed down makes me wonder whether he would have been available later on.

in Round 3 I would have preferred seeing a pick where the player is a well-conditioned athlete with at least 2 seasons of above average college production.

Yeah...agree Bulldog - McRib was the head-scratcher for me in this draft. He may be a diamond in the rough, but definitely a risky pick where we took him. We'll see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.