• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nationals

tshile

I can't believe there isn't an active thread on this team.

Yet again they somehow pull it together to beat the Mets. Going into the 9th they were down, and tied it up. Then the 10th they lost the lead, only to win by taking it back in the bottom of the 10th in dramatic fashion.

I'm not a baseball 'fan'. I enjoyed playing it when I was young, but I certainly don't follow the sport, so I can't speak real intelligently about it.... but... this team appears to be the real deal.

In April everyone kept saying wait until June. In June they said wait until July. Well, July is halfway over and the team is getting better not worse.

Not only do they play consistent, but someone steps up exactly when it is needed. When they need the bats the most, they come alive.

It's really incredible watching this team. I'm being a complete bandwagon fan; I've watched regular season base ball on TV for the first time in my life. Entire games. Night after night.

Even my wife is getting into it. They are really exciting to watch. If you haven't been checking them out, I suggest you do. It's nice to see a team build through the draft with key acquisitions of young players; it's even better to seem the all clicking at the same time.

Lifelong Orioles fan here, but I am definitely hopping on the Natinals' bandwagon. If it comes down to a Baltimore/Washington World Series of course I'll root for the Ooooh's, but I can also enjoy the Natinals success. I'm also a pretty casual baseball fan.

I plan on going to two of the Nats/Astros games in August! Hopefully get to see Bryce and Zimm hit the train.

I haven't been to a game in like 2 years. I'm still hopping to go to one before the football season starts.

Yeah, I am right there with you Lanky...O's first but definitely rooting for the Natinals. Hey wait! When did they change their name? Is this anadian spelling or something?

well i forgot the s, but otherwise :

[media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3452015862_55fdd610b2.jpg[/media]

they screwed up their new uniforms at one point or another :)

well i forgot the s, but otherwise :

[media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3452015862_55fdd610b2.jpg[/media]

they screwed up their new uniforms at one point or another :)

You forgot what "s"? ;)

After a couple of bad games to open the series against the braves, they tied the series up then spanked the mets to increase their lead in the division to 4.5 games.

This team is exactly what we've always wanted from our redskins. A team that builds itself by stocking up with young talent and letting them grow. These guys play smart, play hard, and because of that they win.

Yes. I'm a huge bandwagon fan when it comes to the nationals, but my god are these guys fun to watch on a nightly basis.

also

You forgot what "s"? ;)

thank you. i'll take the o if that means also getting the s and not looking really dumb :)

And now the Milwaukee fans are booing

its so satisfying watching opposing fans boo their team on a nightly basis. the mets fans were booing the last few nights too :)

Previously they were tied in first, but now the Natinals now stand alone with the best record in baseball at 61-41. Cray cray. 60 games to go, and the Nats have a 2.5 game lead in their division with the Braves heating up. We shall see where this season ultimately ends, but it looks like these guys will be competitive for a long time.

You have to wonder if Nationals brass secretly hope they start losing - Strasburg had a 170 inning limit at the beginning of the season, and he's fast approaching that. If they're still in the hunt, can they shut him down? Seems unlikely...

Heading to the Nats - Astros game Tuesday night (and possibly Wednesday) to see the best record in baseball in action!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

They need to stay on their game because Atlanta will not go away. Go Nats!

They need to stay on their game because Atlanta will not go away. Go Nats!

5 game series against the 'Stros is a good way to do that...although they barely squeaked by them in 11 last night.

EDIT: LMAO at the play that ended the game. Quintessential Astros.

Another one run game down there. Just winning and that is good enough - even if it is against a last place team.

The pitcher hits his first major league HR and goes the distance for the first time in his career. Are you kidding me? That was awesome. :)

Going to the game tonight?

Another one run game down there. Just winning and that is good enough - even if it is against a last place team.

The pitcher hits his first major league HR and goes the distance for the first time in his career. Are you kidding me? That was awesome. :)

Going to the game tonight?

Unfortunately Tuesday was the only night I could make it. Was hoping to see Gio pitch, but oh well. Zimmerman is pitching tonight, Harrell for the Astros. The Nats bats' should finally come alive tonight.

Well, apparently the Nats are going ahead with the planned Strasburg-shutdown. Seems crazy to me that with the best record in baseball, they're going to shut down arguably the best pitcher in the game, but what do I know? I guess having Stras pitch for 5-10 more years is more important than one playoff run in terms of revenue...and they are still 7 years away from Harper's "prime," as well.

Well, apparently the Nats are going ahead with the planned Strasburg-shutdown. Seems crazy to me that with the best record in baseball, they're going to shut down arguably the best pitcher in the game, but what do I know? I guess having Stras pitch for 5-10 more years is more important than one playoff run in terms of revenue...and they are still 7 years away from Harper's "prime," as well.

You can't risk ruining your future-best pitcher's arm over one season. You just can't.

On top of that he's their 3rd best pitcher right now. Strasburg is not the reason they're playing so well - he's certainly helping but there are plenty of people on the team that have helped put them where they are. They'll be fine without him. This isn't a word-series team yet. Next year they will be. All their young players will have much more experience, post season experience, and they'll have an entire season with Strasburg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.