• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Typical Redskins move in RGIII contract hold-up

Cool :thumbsup:...

Now, time to feign outrage at the FO not signing LeRibeus yet! (grumble, harumph, grumble) :mad:
Yeah, somebody needs to tape his ass to a goal post.

Come on McRib. You gotta be something to get something.

Liking the apparent quid pro quo ... Skins don't press the offset issue, and in return get the 5th year club option. Gets the deal done and doesn't put us in position of being the team that carries the offset language flag for the league.

Time to buckle the chin strap. :)

Do you have a source for this that you can share? Lots of people keeps referencing this but I can't find it anywhere other than message boards...

Yeah, somebody needs to tape his ass to a goal post.

Come on McRib. You gotta be something to get something.

As I posted yesterday, some 3rd-rounders outperformed their contracts last year, so the players in similar slots are pushing for a market-correction.

Do you have a source for this that you can share? Lots of people keeps referencing this but I can't find it anywhere other than message boards...
Nothing beyond the quote in Rosenthal's NFL.com release, brother. No inside knowledge here, just reading the tea leaves. I'm sure more went into getting the deal done that just the offset vs option year angle, but at least from my perspective, I'm ok with the neat and tidy impression it gives.

As I posted yesterday, some 3rd-rounders outperformed their contracts last year, so the players in similar slots are pushing for a market-correction.
Yeah, I saw it. They should realize that some failed to even approach their expected performance. Were there any rebates?

Nothing beyond the quote in Rosenthal's NFL.com release, brother. No inside knowledge here, just reading the tea leaves. I'm sure more went into getting the deal done that just the offset vs option year angle, but at least from my perspective, I'm ok with the neat and tidy impression it gives.

I got the same impression as well. From seeing how our FO works and understanding the give-and-take in contract negotiations, I'm pretty sure they are tied together no matter whether it gets reported or not.

Looks like the club option is in the CBA for top ten picks....meaning it was already in the mix and not part of any quid pro quo. At least to the extent ANYTHING is black and white in NFL World these days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/18/breaking-down-the-griffin-details/

The contract also includes, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, an option for a fifth year. For the first 10 players taken in the draft, the team can retain the player for a fifth year at the transition tag number for his position. For Griffin, that means the average of the 10 highest-paid quarterbacks in 2015...

Strangely, I'm okay with that too. It's a good day.

Thanks Om.

I'm still curious what they were holding up over vs what made them sign today.

Agreed Om. A very good.

Thanks Om.

I'm still curious what they were holding up over vs what made them sign today.
Probably fear of "typical Redskins" accusations.

:angel:

Well, for the first time in a long time i'm actually quite impressed with the front office.

they obviously put some heavy weight on having people in camp on time.

I like a man who takes his beatings with dignity :) I've taken a few myself over the years...

He should holdout. Every other top 10 pick got guaranteed money, so should he. It's not his fault the Dolphins reached for him with their pick!

He should holdout. Every other top 10 pick got guaranteed money, so should he. It's not his fault the Dolphins reached for him with their pick!

I think its the offset language, El. All draft pick contracts are fully guaranteed now, I believe it was the only way the NFLPA would agree to the slotting system.

I think its the offset language, El. All draft pick contracts are fully guaranteed now, I believe it was the only way the NFLPA would agree to the slotting system.

I know it's offset language, but wasn't the Griff contract about guaranteeing all of the contract through 4 years? If I remember correctly, there was a guarantee for the first 3 years, then the 4th is not because some rookies may not even be on their prospective teams for that 4th year.

I know it's offset language, but wasn't the Griff contract about guaranteeing all of the contract through 4 years? If I remember correctly, there was a guarantee for the first 3 years, then the 4th is not because some rookies may not even be on their prospective teams for that 4th year.

No, the offset language is for if the player gets cut, if another team signs him they have to pay a certain amount of the remaining guaranteed money. The players don't want this because it might discourage them from getting picked up by another team, and the teams obviously want it because it means they have to pay the player less if he's a bust/nonfit.

No, the offset language is for if the player gets cut, if another team signs him they have to pay a certain amount of the remaining guaranteed money. The players don't want this because it might discourage them from getting picked up by another team, and the teams obviously want it because it means they have to pay the player less if he's a bust/nonfit.

So it would guarantee they get all 4 years of their contract from the team that drafted them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.