• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SI: Offseason Breakdown - Washington Redskins

This guy is clueless if he calls Beck and Stallworth "Key Subtractions."

Washington’s schedule won’t help much, either. It opens at New Orleans, includes trips to Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and has home games with Cincinnati, Atlanta and Baltimore — and that’s on top of the Redskins’ tough divisional slate.

The Eagles are so good, they count as both divisional and NON divisional opponents!

Agreed Lanky, but that is nit-picking, and both did start games for the team last year.

I dunno Lanky, Stallworth had a couple nice moments last year. Beck was less than worthless, though.

As for the end, I am still not sure why everyone is so enamoured of the Girls and Eagles this year. So THIS is the year it finally clicks for the Cowboys? Why this year? And everyone seems to think it is a foregone conclusion that the Eagles will turn it around and be better this year, that they needed a year to gel or something. Yes, because as we Skins fans have seen, having a dream team in football just needs time. Sure. Maybe they just aren't going work well together?

Anyway, I don't fear the Giants either, frankly. They got hot at the right time, but don't seem capable of putting together a dominant season under Coughlin. Besides which, the last time they won the SB, the next year was average at best.

So why not us? With some improvement here and there, I don't see any reason we can't challenge for the playoffs, and possibly even the division. That's right, I said it. I mean, we all saw Re-ck play last year, right? If RG3 can figure out which color jersey to throw to consistently, we're talking major improvement from last year.

Why not us?

Agreed Lanky, but that is nit-picking, and both did start games for the team last year.

Nit-picking? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think calling the WORST QB to ever suit up for the B&G a KEY subtraction is at best terrible journalism, and at worst complete lack of football knowledge personally. And Stallworth was okay...but his departure will hardly be noticed.

Not to mention, he says Rocky's departure will "force" Riley into the starting lineup, like its a bad thing. Apparently he missed the last half of the season in which Perry Riley was starting in place of (not to mention vastly out-performing) Rocky.

Not to mention he's just recycling old stuff. Shanahan is on the hot seat. The Redskins are offseason champions. Meh. I've heard all this before. Give us something new!

a 3 point addition to our offense would have won the division last year. I'm not predicting anything since Griffin hasn't taken a single live NFL snap yet, but it's far from a stretch to think we could add 3 points a game to the total and become VERY relevant in the playoff race.
Oh and when you add Garcon and Morgan and get Cooley back along with a revitalized and hungry Santan Moss and I think the loss of Stallworth was far from a net loss, quite the opposite.

Last but not least...Beck's the worst ever? Really? Worse than Mathews and Weurffel?

Nit-picking? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think calling the WORST QB to ever suit up for the B&G a KEY subtraction is at best terrible journalism, and at worst complete lack of football knowledge personally.

Are you familiar with the phrase "addition by subtraction"? Just removing Beck from the roster instantly upgrades the team by removing a negative.

Only good thing about beck starting was setting us up for this last draft, so in a twisted twilight zone type way he did have a positive effect lol
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That's a very fair article. Now let's get this season started already. I'm dying here.

The Eagles are so good, they count as both divisional and NON divisional opponents!
This guy is clueless if he calls Beck and Stallworth "Key Subtractions."

Thank you guys.

You all just saved me from wasting the time of reading a worthless article :)

Any article that makes "points" like those, certainly does not amount to anything more than a dried up banana peel.

The last sentence in the article pretty sums up my thoughts on the upcoming season.

"Redskins fans want a winner, and with RGIII, they have the makings of one. But they may have to settle for a more competitive team in 2012 before a playoff push in 2013."

This is close to what I expect.

hmmmm...he misses the key point in my book: that Mara engineered cap hit this season and next. we were sitting fat with some real choices. the little ***** out of NYC changed the options dramatically.

Are you familiar with the phrase "addition by subtraction"? Just removing Beck from the roster instantly upgrades the team by removing a negative.

This is a fair point, although if he means addition by subtraction, he should probably spell it out. Since he did not, I will just assume he's an idiot (he does write for SI, after all). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.