• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

advice

fansince62

Iggles game at Fedex falls on my daughter's birthday. thinking about surprising her by taking the family to the game. Are these on-line ticket liquidators trustworthy? I'm looking at a triplet of section 220 tickets in the neighborhood of $175.

You on Stubhub? I've bought tickets for all sorts of events there and never had any problems.

nope. ticketliquidator. com and tickettransaction.com....will give stubhub a look...thnx!

Try Stubhub or Ticket Exchange, although you have to deal with Ticketmaster's exorbitant fees.

The best way to get tickets (in my experience) is through message boards. The "other" place has a great classifieds section for that.

Iggles game at Fedex falls on my daughter's birthday. thinking about surprising her by taking the family to the game. Are these on-line ticket liquidators trustworthy? I'm looking at a triplet of section 220 tickets in the neighborhood of $175.

most of what i'm about to say is from MTH over at the other place. i may do a bad job of repeating it correctly, but i'm trying...

you need to be careful buying tickets this far out. a lot of places 'protection' has time limites (30 days, 60 days, etc). if you buy outside of that, and find out at the gate you got scammed, you'll have no way of appealing to the reseller and getting refunded.

along those lines, your recourse may be little to begin with. there are many reports of stubhub and other resellers being awful at protecting you even when you've been scammed. keep that in mind. I can't personally speak to how well or poorly they treat you as i've never had trouble.

noone has tickets yet... they haven't been shipped and at this point i'm not even sure they've been printed. they just notified us (the season ticket holders) that we can expect our tickets the first week of august. be careful of anyone who suggests they already have their tickets....

you'll probably get a better deal getting tickets directly from a ticket holder. the resellers pray on division games, and they pray on selling them prior to the season; typically the team sucks more than we expect, so ticket prices fall as the season goes on, the opposite is always possible though!

Lastly, and most importantly section 220 is on the visitor's side of the field. The 200 section on the visitor side has the 'cave'; that is the section that is full of the obstructed view and partial view seating. BE VERY CAREFUL OF THESE SEATS. you may wind up sitting behind a 3 foot wide concrete column.

The obstructed/partial view seats are typically in the later rows - I think the first 3 rows aren't even in the cave, and rows 3-7 or so are in the cave but nothing is obstructed - don't quote me on that, i may be wrong.

The bottom line is be very careful. Many people have been scammed on those sections specifically. Many people buy on the secondary market every year without any trouble. But if you want the best deal you need to spend some time looking, and there are a lot of people out there who are only interested in scamming others. I don't mean to try to scare you or be negative; again, i've never had any problems. But i've seen lots of others have problems :(

I've purchased Redskins tickets through Stubhub, ASC Ticket, and Craigslist. Craigslist is far and away the cheapest source, but you have usually have to wait until the week of the event.

I find that the biggest challenge in buying tickets from the secondary market is trying to judge how prices will change over time. You can buy early in the season and they will probably be pretty expensive bc it's a rivalry game. If you wait and either team starts to suck, tix will get much cheaper, but then you're always running the risk that price will skyrocket if both teams are doing well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.