• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Graham Gano working out with David Akers

Lanky Livingston

Not exactly super exciting news, but David Akers tweeted that he was kicking and working out with Graham & "coach Randy Brown." Who knows if this will help Graham, but we can only hope he can at least learn something from a great kicker like Akers.

I'm not sure who Brown is - anyone?

Graham Gano sighting.....now kicking for the Panthers.

....and he misses a PAT that would have made it a two score game. OUCH! I'm thinking he's not gonna be a Panther for long.

Two blocked extra-points tonight.

Wonder if I owe Danny Smith an apology. Nah...

Nick

I didn't watch the game, but maybe Gano takes too long to get started after the ball is snapped? If so, no wonder he gets his kicks blocked.

Also, for all the guys who were worried he'd actually become the next David Akers, Gano is not off to the best of starts. ;)

With 2:58 to go in the fourth quarter Kai Forbath kicks a 48 yard field goal to go up 10.

If he missed Dallas would have the ball, at their own 38, with almost 3 minutes to go.

If Gano or Cundiff are our kickers then there are two likely outcomes in that situation:
- The FG is missed, Dallas has a real opportunity to tie the game.
- The coaching staff decides giving them the ball at the 38 isn't worth it, and we punt trying to pin them deep. With our defense this also gives Dallas a real opportunity to tie the game.

As much as I bitched about the handling of Gano, I'm happy we have someone who can hit field goals - especially when it matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.