• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Penn State Scandal: The Freeh Report

This may have been said before in this long thread, but Paterno should have immediately fired his friend Sandusky after the shower incident. I once respected Paterno, but no more. He was a despicable person for protecting his program's reputation at the expense of children. Read the report fully and I think you will agree.

well, since we're bumping this thread, here's the recent news:
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ny-lions-players-intend-appeal-ncaa-sanctions

PSU alums (specifically former football players) are appealing the NCAA sanctions.

Which reopens the cat and mouse game between the NCAA and PSU - the one of the NCAA not really having jurisdiction (or do they?) yet laying down harsh sanctions, and PSU not trying to piss off the public anymore or risk even more severe sanctions (ie: TV ban).

There are reports this may cause the NCAA to completely reevaluate the entire situation, and made lead to even stricter punishments if they decide to use it as opportunity to cater towards the large number of people who thought the penalties were not severe enough.

In a situation where I firmly think PSU would have been fine 5-8 years from now, and should have walked away, PSU has managed to open the can of worms up again. It's going to be an interesting ride through the 2012 college season with this going back and forth.

It will be really interesting if the NCAA comes down with even harsher penalties, and the current football students get screwed in the process. All because former players want the wins back because they think it actually matters or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.