• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: RG3 Pushing Redskins To Take Josh Gordon

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III played with receiver Josh Gordon at Baylor. And Griffin would like to play with Gordon in Washington.

Griffin is pushing the Redskins brass hard to select Gordon in Thursday’s supplemental draft, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS.

If Griffin is desperate to play with Gordon again, he’s not saying so publicly. Asked by HogsHaven.com whether Gordon can succeed in the NFL, Griffin didn’t sound overly enthusiastic about Gordon’s chances.

Link below....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fin-iii-pushing-redskins-to-take-josh-gordon/

I don't see why this is even a story either way. So what IF Griffin were lobbying for him?

I don't see why this is even a story either way. So what IF Griffin were lobbying for him?

Because it's a Dan Snyder team, so that would indicate the inmates are running the Asylum, ala Portis.

Nothing to see here, just lazy reporting and lazy "story" writing.

It may be for a few different reasons. Just something to throw out while it's slow:

1. We are already pretty stacked at WR. Can we even fit another? Especially in light of the fact that we don't have a 1st in the next two drafts.

2. This receiver reportedly has some "character issues" to consider.

It's a strange article.

I am happy to hear that RG3 is denying it....and that JLC might be wrong again. Vet WRs on the team could have taken this the wrong way.

So basically the story says nothing whatsoever.
RG3 admits nothing of the sort, as far as the title suggests.
The only source that believes he is pushing for the signing is JLC.
And even if RG3 IS IN FACT, pushing for the signing, it's unlikely to happen, as the writer admits at the end.

So why the **** write the stinkin article titled "RG3 is pushing Skins to take Gordon" when there's no solid proof of it, and the article ends by saying it probably won't happen anyway. And even in the highly unlikely event that it does happen, the kid has issues, so he probably won't make the team.
So, what's the friggin point of the article ?!?!!
The only solid true point you can take from the article is that RG3 has a former teammate that plays WR.....Triple Face Palm.

Yes, I realize it's the offseason and news is slow, but I'm no professional writer, and I could find far more intriguing and factual things to write about than this.

Last edited:
Comfort and tutor for the other guys. Couldnt hurt I dont think. Besides my faith in Morgan and Hankerson isn't that high.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Wait, you think Josh Gordon would come in and comfort and tutor the other receivers? On what...how to catch RGIII's perfectly thrown passes?

Not trying to rag on you - just honestly curious what you meant by this.

I can see what you're saying, but I don't think it would work. From my understanding of the NFL, a rookie doesn't come in to tutor veterans, ever. The rookies are expected to come in and conform to the vets...that's just how the pecking order works.

Glad we didn't take him. He is an unknown commodity, at least with the players we have now we know we have some solid receivers and a few very huge potentials. This would have been a bad choice in my opinion but our presence at his workouts were important in that we did our due diligence.

The 2nd round price was something we just can't afford. Glad we didn't spend it.

Yeah, taking this guy would have left us with a third rounder as our highest pick next year so I am not sorry to see us pass on a guy who would have likely been hard pressed to crack the top 4 or 5 slots on our depth chart.

I knew this guy would go fast, but the Browns are crazy. Second round?

Most thought the third today.

I really don't believe that RG3 was pushing for the Redskins to take him. I don't believe that he is that audacious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.