A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Default NOAA: Last 12 Months Hottest Ever in the Contiguous US.

But there's nothing to this global warming stuff...its just the ultra biased MSM feeding us hogwash again!

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/236781-fed-agency-says-last-12-months-were-hottest-on-record-in-us
    Posted via BGO Mobile Device
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Such a nauseous post. Global warming has been proven as a farce by the scientists who started the rumor to begin with. The rest of the planet had record winters last year. But I forgot, you guys turn that into being because of global warming too. I just like how you only scream global warming when records are being set, but when we have the coolest year on record, or several consecutive years below average, then you don't hear a peep about this garbage.

Oh, and before you buy into the hype, realize that the time period measured is different for now, compared to the old record.....

The 12-month stretch between July of 2011 and June of 2012 was the warmest year in the contiguous United States since recordkeeping began in 1895

The temperatures narrowly outpaced the old record, which was for the 12-months from June 2011 to May of 2012.
    So the old record was from 6/11 to 5/12, but the new record, kept almost entirely at the same time, from 7/11 to 6/12 was hotter? Nobody else find it odd that these were tracked at the same time, and the only thing added was this past hot streak? And the obviously cooler month of May was left out entirely?

Lanky, it's stuff like this that makes you global warming nuts the butt of jokes.
    Last edited by Nobody; 07-10-12 at 11:02 AM.
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

the climate is changing, there's no doubt about that. in the 27 years i've been alive the weather has changed in many ways.

i'm still convinced it's part of the earth's natural cycle though...

that said we should stop polluting and do things to be cleaner and more efficient. i would love to see a day where, in general, we didn't destroy the environment on a regular basis.

sorry lanky, you wont find me on your side of this one

edit: and extreme, yes, the climate changes that we're seeing are responsible for more dramatic weather; both cold and warm. anyone who doubts that is doubting basic science. it's the cause of the changing climate that's up for debate; at least among those with a clue.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Oh, and before you buy into the hype, realize that the time period measured is different for now, compared to the old record.....

So the old record was from 6/11 to 5/12, but the new record, kept almost entirely at the same time, from 7/11 to 6/12 was hotter? Nobody else find it odd that these were tracked at the same time, and the only thing added was this past hot streak? And the obviously cooler month of May was left out entirely?

Lanky, it's stuff like this that makes you global warming nuts the butt of jokes.
    Are you kidding me? They do a montly update.
    Their last monthly update was from June 2011 - May 2012 (so, in june they released the last 12 month streak), and (SHOCKER) this month they did from July 2011 to June 2012. You know, the last 12 months... as they do every month... and when they ran the numbers, it was the highest average on record.

So no, it doesn't include the latest hot streak - because that was in July (this past week). Yes, it includes June, because June was in the last 12 month period...

You're going through quite a bit to make a mountain out of a mole hill here. I'm with you on the global warming nuts and stuff, but this is a very simple monthly report you're trying to stretch into a conspiracy theory...

Edit: and guess what? Next month, in august, they'll release a report that goes from August 2011 to July 2012. And it will include this latest hot streak. I bet you can figure out why it'll include that, if you try hard enough.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Ex, I don't get your issue. The previous hottest 12 months on record EVER was May to June, then we had an uncharacteristic hot snap, making June to July the hottest 12 month period on record. What is your point, exactly? We should ignore the uncharacteristic heat wave when talking about global warming? Ummmm...you don't see the obvious problem with that line of thinking? If not, I promise its not me who is the butt of jokes...
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Ha, thanks t. You beat me to it.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

I think he doesn't get that a 12 month period includes each month once.

I think he somehow thinks the new period should be hotter because it somehow includes summer months the previous period didn't.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Or maybe he thinks the new 12 month period counts 11 months twice? Lol
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

[video][/video]

Is this the measure you guys are using to track the earth's latest warming cycle?
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

link is broken.

but i imagine the answer is no.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    link is broken.

but i imagine the answer is no.
    Don't be so sure.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

I was gonna say yes, personally. And be damned happy about it.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well...that cinches it for me. you nailed it Lanky! no sense introducing notions about increased solar flares and solar radiation...or changing oceanic salinity patterns......it's all anthropogenic! we need a breathing tax!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

First it was nothing, just our imagination. Then it was just the normal, cyclical nature of the Earth's temperature. Now its solar flares and solar radiation! I wonder what the right will use to explain the ever-increasing temperature next week? Sharks with friggin' laser beams on their heads?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    Man, i cant believe it's 85 here! Anarchy!
    I wish it was 85 here :\
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    First it was nothing, just our imagination. Then it was just the normal, cyclical nature of the Earth's temperature. Now its solar flares and solar radiation! I wonder what the right will use to explain the ever-increasing temperature next week? Sharks with friggin' laser beams on their heads?
    You can criticize the right all you want, but the left hasn't done any better of a job.

As usual, it seems to me that the answer is somewhere in the middle.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

You can criticize the right all you want, but the left hasn't done any better of a job.

Yep. The Right disregards science so much it apalls me. What was the quote from The Newsroom? Something like, I'm actually a Republican, but since I believe that hurricaines are caused by hot and cold air systems coming together and not gay marriage, they don't really claim me anymore.

On the other hand, the Environmental lobby has to be one of the most irritating lobbying groups around. Their problems is that they were so shrill in the 70's and 80's that they have the "crying Wolf" problem. No one listens anymore because not recycling didn't lead to mass panic and hysteria and another stone age.

Both sides need to settle down. I've got good friends who are Christian who tell me they won't recycle b/c of those damned liberals. Really? Really? Even though God tells us to take care of the earth? Really?

Sigh.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Well, the left (in my opinion) is not trying to explain it, they are trying to do everything in their power to limit it. Whether or not they're going about it the right way is another question altogether, but they are making efforts to try and limit it; at least from a US standpoint. Cleaner air from factories, better gas mileage in vehicles, more energy from renewable sources; these are some of the things we can do.

Whether or not it turns out our cars have anything to do with global warming or not, its not a bad thing to try and freshen the air (again, my opinion).
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Goaldeje View Post
    Yep. The Right disregards science so much it apalls me. What was the quote from The Newsroom? Something like, I'm actually a Republican, but since I believe that hurricaines are caused by hot and cold air systems coming together and not gay marriage, they don't really claim me anymore.

On the other hand, the Environmental lobby has to be one of the most irritating lobbying groups around. Their problems is that they were so shrill in the 70's and 80's that they have the "crying Wolf" problem. No one listens anymore because not recycling didn't lead to mass panic and hysteria and another stone age.

Both sides need to settle down. I've got good friends who are Christian who tell me they won't recycle b/c of those damned liberals. Really? Really? Even though God tells us to take care of the earth? Really?

Sigh.

No offense, Goaldie, but you're contributing to the general problem by painting it as black and white as this. In reality, its an obvious problem, and we should do whatever we can to at least try to slow it down. Just my opinion though.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

They've turned the 'green movement' into an entire industry.

I also have a fundamental problem with grant money being used to study whether or not more grant money is needed to study the problem... There is no incentive for the global warming researchers to find evidence that global warming isn't a man made problem we all need to be concerned about; yet there is plenty of incentive for them to find that it is a man made problem.

And no matter what evidence they come up with, they still cannot explain why what is going on today is any different than the cycles the earth has gone through for millions of years before humans even existed.

I want cleaner streams and air, less dependency on foreign oil, and more efficient land fills/means of disposing of garbage too. I just don't agree with the doom and gloom that surrounds the 'green movement'.
    0 0 0 0