A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Default Obama Threatens To Veto Any Bill That Extends Tax Cuts To All Americans

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz20CRsVyC8

So, if Congress were to work together to agree on something for a change, he would veto it? Maybe someone should tell him he's not the dictator he thinks he is, he can't bully Congress into meeting his demands every time he snaps his fingers. Never before have I heard a present so often demand that Congress pass or not pass something, and he seems to do it almost weekly. I don't think it's occurred to him that the president isn't the sole decider on the law of the country.

Meanwhile, I find it funny that he's still pretending to care about the middle class. Obamacare has been exposed as a massive tax hit to the middle class, who will be footing over 70% of the bill for it, so I guess he wants these tax cuts to balance it out so he can claim he didn't raise taxes on the middle class, making it painfully obvious that he's completely unaware that Obamacare is going to cost the middle class way more than the Bush tax cuts will save. He's dug himself a hole, and he's trying to dig himself out through the bottom. He just doesn't get it.
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

he's not being a dictator. he's following the rules set by the country long before he was in power.

you're being quite the drama queen on this one.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Eh. He's been saying that since we was running for President. It was part of his platform, that he'd pay for his spending by ending the tax cuts on those making more than $250,000.

After four years he hasn't actually done that. If memory serves he had this exact same stand-off with Congress last time this came up, and ended up extending the cuts for everyone in exchange for the extension of unemployment benefits or something.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    After four years he hasn't actually done that. If memory serves he had this exact same stand-off with Congress last time this came up, and ended up extending the cuts for everyone in exchange for the extension of unemployment benefits or something.
    My memory seems to recall the same thing.

I'm sure something similar will happen.

I hope it's something more meaningful than unemployment extensions.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so...no one wants to address Ex's point that 70% of the Obamacare taxes are gonna fall on the middle class.

and yea...this Prez sure hasn't persued a selective course in terms of what laws his administration will enforce. or evaed Congressional authorities thru executive oreders and agency regulations (see carbon tax). got it.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Noone wants to address it because noone is willing to have an actual conversation on it. everyone wants to put their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOUR SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT LA LA LA LA LA"

I mean, seriously, how many times do you expect people to try to discuss the same topic with you before they get fed up with your attitude and the way you discuss things?
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Its not worth discussing - Ex's claim is false.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    George Mason

Bloops, i spoke to soon.
    Lanky took the bait.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    Bloops, i spoke to soon.
    Lanky took the bait.
    LOL. Not going to get into the 'back and forth,' only posting why its not worth discussing. No bait taken here!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I'm going to cry: the same CBO that lied through its teeth to get Obamacare passed then doubled down on the true cost the admin is raping us all for....should be trusted?

bahahahahahahahaha......you betcha!

you seem to be missing the message...repeated ad belchum irt your numerous un-researched links: trusting statistics coming out of this administration (yea...CBO is impartial alrighty) is a fool's bargain. nothing from these people is believable any more.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    so...no one wants to address Ex's point that 70% of the Obamacare taxes are gonna fall on the middle class.
    Shhhhh, it can't be said in public twice, people might realize it's true

You know what is really comical though? When someone on the left links a source that is well known to falsify just about everything they report about both sides.

I mean, why not link RCP, the usual go to choice of the left? Is it because their report doesn't back your claims?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/201...ax_283724.html

Just curious, we honestly don't have to discuss it. Unless you want to

But, it's all irrelevant, Obamacare will never take effect. Either because states will secede by then, or the Republicans will annihilate the Democrats in November, and it will all be a moot point.
    Last edited by Nobody; 07-10-12 at 09:48 PM.
    0 0 0 0

It's ok, I don't like you either.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Ex, no one is seceding. Get over that idea right now. I live in the most independent minded state in the nation, not to mention the only state that has already been it's own nation once, and there isn't any talk about seceding worth listening too.

We are all Americans now, much more than we are Virginians or Marylanders or Carolinians or Texans.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

hailus redskinus
    COYS

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Oh man...you guys have literally created an environment for yourself that only allows for you to be right. Can't trust anything from the government or any major news outlet other than Fox, which happens to agree with you. Its literally impossible to have a discussion with you!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that your standards are so low....or that you chose to ignore these huge errors in estimates (as well as monthly statistics - e.g., unemployment stats) is your problem. that you chose not to examine why the data is always wrong...sometimes by huge margins....is a personal integrity issue you wrestle with...and the rest of us can observe.

but you're pretty certain there weren't any WMDs in Iraq! yea......no pot/kettle action going on here!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    that your standards are so low....or that you chose to ignore these huge errors in estimates (as well as monthly statistics - e.g., unemployment stats) is your problem. that you chose not to examine why the data is always wrong...sometimes by huge margins....is a personal integrity issue you wrestle with...and the rest of us can observe.

but you're pretty certain there weren't any WMDs in Iraq! yea......no pot/kettle action going on here!

Thanks for proving my point! Discussion with you is impossible!
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

duly noted. I'll take the matter up with the MIT, Harvard, etc., Phds I work with on a daily basis.
    0 0 0 0