• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do you agree with this depth chart ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Of course, a lot can, and will, change between now and the start of the season.
But since the offseason itch is killing me, let's take a look at the current and/or projected depth chart.

This is depth chart I came across, that seems to be mostly accurate.
But I sure hope Chase Minnifield is not, or does not end up, as the 5th string Left Corner. (5th string usually means getting cut, or on the P.S. And I don't think other teams would resist grabbing him from the PS)

Any other thoughts on this version ?

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

Last edited:
Minnifield could start the season on the PUP list or if he needs more than that for his recovery then stash him on IR. I think there is going to be a change in the IR system allowing teams to take a player off IR after 8 games. Not sure if it will be in effect this year or not.

Of course, it's all contingent on how well he recovers.

Otherwise, I don't see much to argue with in this lineup. Kinda hope Terrance Austin or Aldrick Robinson step up and push Banks out. I just can't get excited about Brandon Banks being on this team anymore.

And I just noticed that Byron Westbrook is not on the list. Woohoo!

Last edited:
Minnifield could start the season on the PUP list or if he needs more than that for his recovery then stash him on IR. I think there is going to be a change in the IR system allowing teams to take a player off IR after 8 games. Not sure if it will be in effect this year or not.

Of course, it's all contingent on how well he recovers.

Wasn't he full participation in the offseason practices so far ?
I realize that's without pads and hitting, but I got the impression he was on pace to be a "full-go" by training camp.
From what I've read, the only thing that's affecting his performance, is his speed is not as good as his 40 time, prior to his injury.
So I don't see how that, or any other reason could justify putting him on either the PUP or IR.

He had microsurgery in January. He will not be 100% until at least the start of the season even though he showed promise without contact at the OTA's.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18829133/chase-minnifield-slowed-by-microfracture-surgery

That article is almost 2 months old, but it should give you an idea of what he is working with.

"If" he is only marginal by last cuts in pre-season, the coaches trust his potential, the rules of the IR could have him on the field later in the season, then why on earth wouldn't they stash him?

Last edited:
That FS position is a huge question mark.

Actually, both safety positions are question marks. And at the CB position, I was kind of hoping that Kevin Barnes would have developed a little more by this point.

Aside from RG3 and Garcon, Helu is the guy I have the biggest hopes for this season. If Kyle does his job at a high level, Helu can have a monster of a season.

Last edited:
Aside from RG3 and Garcon, Helu is the guy I have the biggest hopes for this season. If Kyle does his job at a high level, Helu can have a monster of a season.
I have high hopes for Hankerson as well.

If Hank and Jenkins can recover fully, this team will have some great talent in more positions than at anytime in recent memory. Probably the best of Snyder's ownership.

I want to see Helu used to his full potential. Running and receiving. A lot of touches. Utilized like a mix between Ray Rice and Sproles. We really do have a ton of options this season on the offense.

Don't you have to basically be a midget to be compared to Sproles ? :laugh:

:lift: He may be small in stature, but he is huge in numbers. I think Helu can be utilized in a ton of different looks.

I think TE is a position to watch...the production from that spot considering the amount of talent there should be record breaking.

So, it amazes me to hear the analysts say we don't have enough weapons surrounding Griff....We've got proven, top-tier, weapons in Garcon, Moss, Cooley, F-Davis, and Helu. And those are just the proven ones. There's also the high potential in Hankerson, Morgan, N-Paul, etc.

I don't see any way Brandon Banks makes this squad. Yeah, he has some exciting *potential* on returns, but he is otherwise a non-factor among a very talented group of WRs. He won't make it past training camp.

I don't see any way Brandon Banks makes this squad. Yeah, he has some exciting *potential* on returns, but he is otherwise a non-factor among a very talented group of WRs. He won't make it past training camp.

Agreed - I was on his side last offseason, but he didn't do much this past year to make me want him around anymore. I think the drafting of Crawford & Bernstein signal an end to Mr. Banks in DC.

Agreed - I was on his side last offseason, but he didn't do much this past year to make me want him around anymore. I think the drafting of Crawford & Bernstein signal an end to Mr. Banks in DC.

Well, we're giving him one more shot, and one more preseason, apparently.
So, I guess it depends which Brandon Banks shows up - the Banks of 2010 or the Banks of '11.
If the Banks of 2010 shows up, and minus the fumbles, then he's got a pretty good chance.

i don't think hankeson takes the # 2 spot - at least not out of training camp. either moss or morgan is going to play opposite of garcon.

of course i'd prefer hankerson to be the #2, but i don't see that happening straight out of camp.

i think cooley will be #1 at TE. i think he's more reliable, smarter, etc. Davis will be used quite a bit, but I think cooley will be listed as the starter.

i don't see how banks makes the roster

safety is a huge question.

i have doubts whether jenkins is going to claim the starting job out of camp. he has lots of supporters and is one of those guys who's all the sudden a super star with out ever taking an NFL snap. put him in the same boat as hankerson.

ugh, safety is a huge question mark :(

As far as #1, #2 & #3 WRs go, there was an article recently that dispells that "myth." There is no such thing anymore, or at least its not necessary. Teams have had a ton of offensive success without a true #1 WR, and the KS offense is just the type of O to do that also.

So, I wouldn't read too much into Moss at #1, or Garçon at #2, or whatever - they are all going to get their looks in this offense, and the WR featured each week will probably change based on matchups.

fair points.

to clarify what i was saying in the post before yours:
if there are only 2 WR's on the field it's going to be garcon and moss or garcon and morgan.
hankerson may be in there, but it'll be rare.

at least thats my opinion for how it will be week 1.

and to be fair, i base that on nothing other than the fact that hankerson has no real game time under his belt and pretty much everyone else on the team does. we've (the media/fan bas in general, not necessarily people on this board) anointed him the 2nd best WR on the team and I just haven't seen it yet.

I would absolutely love to be wrong though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I was probably one of the ones doing the anointing! I wanted us to draft him before the draft (should have put it in the draft contest, might have won two years in a row!), and was very excited when we did.

I think he's going to turn some heads this year - and will be used in the Andre Johnson role in Kyle's O. Not that he will ever compare to Andre, mind you, but he will be used in that role.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes Morgan is going to play such a bit role. Sure, he was a FA signing but we didn't throw monster money at him and he wasn't a super star in SF even when healthy. Add to that fact that Hankerson has a year in the offense...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.