• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Some of the Most Stupid People I Have Ever Met Are Redskins Fans

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Some of the Stupidest People I Have Ever Met Are Redskins Fans

Yeah, let's just cut right through the bs:

I'm nothing great; never have pretended to be. But some of the stupidest people on the planet are Redskins fans.

"Portis is great." Honestly, are we really that stupid? Clinton Portis is the best we can come up with? Really? Clinton Portis was marginal. And he should have been traded three years ago for Boldin, or for a lineman. Clinton Portis was a decent player on an awful team. He wasn't some legend. Let's stop acting like he was.

"Orakpo is an animal." Orakpo dreams of being Demarcus Ware someday. Every defensive player dreams of being Demarcus Ware someday. Orakpo....step up, or ship out. You're good. But you aren't that good. Kerrigan shows more heart than you do.

On that note, I believe this team is on the verge of actually winning games. I'd like to thank Om, Boone and Neo. This site does dominate. The work that goes into it ie evident. This is my favorite site on the net....with many of my favorite posters.

But can we please see some real real football in DC? Real players. A real goal. A real winning tradition.

HTTR

Last edited:
Yeah, let's just cut right through the bs:

I'm nothing great; never have pretended to be. But some of the stupidest people on the planet are Redskins fans.

"Portis is great." Honestly, are we really that stupid? Clinton Portis is the best we can come up with? Really? Clinton Portis was marginal. And he should have been traded three years ago for Boldin, or for a lineman. Clinton Portis was a decent player on an awful team. He wasn't some legend. Let's stop acting like he was.

"Orakpo is an animal." Orakpo dreams of being Demarcus Ware someday. Every defensive player dreams of being Demarcus Ware someday. Orakpo....step up, or ship out. You're good. But you aren't that good. Kerrigan shows more heart than you do.

On that note, I believe this team is on the verge of actually winning games. I'd like to thank Om, Boone and Neo. This site does dominate. The work that goes into it ie evident. This is my favorite site on the net....with many of my favorite posters.

But can we please see some real real football in DC? Real players. A real goal. A real winning tradition.

HTTR

ok...so what got ya riled up there partner...

First, apologies for the rant.

Secondly, did Portis ever do anything in a playoff game? Crickets....

We all love to hold Lebron to the highest standard. But what did Portis ever lead us to when it really counted?

For the first time in ten years or longer, with the help of RG3, we truly have elite players. We have players that other teams want.

First, apologies for the rant.

Secondly, did Portis ever do anything in a playoff game? Crickets....

We all love to hold Lebron to the highest standard. But what did Portis ever lead us to when it really counted?

You're blowing this out of proportion. I understand what you're saying about the ignorance of fans, but you cannot deny the very good years Portis had here. He ran for a lot of yardage in a short period of time and to compare a RB to a star player in the NBA is not even in the same ball park. He was among the top 3 RB's in rushing in the NFL 3 times while he was here. He was a very good back who was used way too much.

And I will agree that Orakpo needs to step it up a notch. In a season where there should have been marked improvement, a better line all the way around with another pass rusher on the other side and he had his worst season as a pro.

But you give us a rant with no basis other than some homers think 2 players are better than you do.

For the first time in ten years or longer, with the help of RG3, we truly have elite players. We have players that other teams want.

And if this were true then why did we continually lose players in FA?

Did anyone besides Sean do anything? Doesn't mean he was marginal, man. I dont think anyone will argue he was Barry Sanders but he was right up there for a while.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm going to very friendly suggest that If we are being honest, London Fletcher has been more elite and rare at his position than Portis ever was.

And that isn't even to mention throwing Gibbs or others under the bus.

I understand if others don't agree--part of the beauty of this board.

But London Fletcher had better be inducted into the ROH long before Portis is.

Portis' work on the field can't be denied, the other "stuff" which seems to infuriate some and cloud his actual productivity was a product of the culture that was allowed to develop by that FO.

Getting his pockets straight to excess, having the ear of the owner, goofing off and approaching prima donna status were all symptomatic of the system and he took full advantage of the opportunities as they were offered.

Just imagine a fresh young Portis coming to the team now, under the continued tutalage of Shanny, an inaccessable Snyder, a reasonable cap hit and protecting R. Griff..... that would look pretty damn good to me.

Portis may have gotten a little big for his britches towards the end, but he put this team on his back for two playoff runs. Two teams that probably had no business in the playoffs, mind you.

Why are we still talking about Portis? Guy's not even on the team anymore. He was a great player for us. One of the best skill position players we've had here over the past 15 years, if not THE best one. Of all the people to blame for this team continually sucking, and losing in the playoffs the few times we got there, he wouldn't be high on my list.

Orakpo's been a great pick for us. Good grief. For the first time since the early 90s we FINALLY have decent pass rushers on both ends of the line (home-grown pass-rushers, no less) and we're complaining because one of them isn't DeMarcus Ware? I don't know where to start with this one.

The season can't start soon enough, I suppose.

I don't know how to respond without being insulting. You're calling Redskins fans stupid for thinking Portis was elite? Seriously? Thanks. :) I happen to think he's the best back this team has ever had. Without giving a page long statistical breakdown that supports that notion, the simple response is using a stupid comment to call others stupid is a bit "ironical".

Portis was average??? REALLY? Ya better tell my Cowboy fan neighbor who hated the guy and was thrilled when we were done with him. :insane:

Portis is the best/most productive back this team has had since Bobby Mitchell and that includes Riggo whom I hold in high enough regard to have his pics all over my office. CP also was more productive than ANY back we've ever had during his stint here and he's bar none the best blocking back many of us have ever seen...on any team. It's not CP's fault that he was given almost no support around him much of the time or was part of a dysfunctional franchise.

OH and 3 straight 1500 yard seasons (something no other back had ever done) isn't what most people would call average. Many would call that the best or close to it.

I guess I'm stupid though.:biggrin2:

I don't know how to vote for Henry's post from my phone, but I would if I could!

McD, I think most people view Portis as carrying us into the playoffs in spite of the average team around him; not that he couldn't get it done in the postseason. You have to remember that Portis would have probably played even better (and as it was, he was pretty damned good) had we not had the 3 ring circus running our front office that we had. Portis put up with a lot, and his off the field stuff, while aggravating at times, may have just been a coping mechanism for all the goofy crap I'm sure he saw going on.

Having said all that, I think he took full advantage of every special circumstance (including having the owner's ear), which, imo, makes him less of a professional than I'd like. But not less of a ballplayer.

I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

I don't know how to respond without being insulting. You're calling Redskins fans stupid for thinking Portis was elite? Seriously? Thanks. :) I happen to think he's the best back this team has ever had. Without giving a page long statistical breakdown that supports that notion, the simple response is using a stupid comment to call others stupid is a bit "ironical".

Portis was average??? REALLY? Ya better tell my Cowboy fan neighbor who hated the guy and was thrilled when we were done with him. :insane:

Portis is the best/most productive back this team has had since Bobby Mitchell and that includes Riggo whom I hold in high enough regard to have his pics all over my office. CP also was more productive than ANY back we've ever had during his stint here and he's bar none the best blocking back many of us have ever seen...on any team. It's not CP's fault that he was given almost no support around him much of the time or was part of a dysfunctional franchise.

OH and 3 straight 1500 yard seasons (something no other back had ever done) isn't what most people would call average. Many would call that the best or close to it.

I guess I'm stupid though.:biggrin2:

the stupid ones were the ones who constantly overestimated this teams talent level, we had a BAD oline for a number of years, we had no outstanding receivers, we had decent defences but never anything outstanding as a unit.

I agree about Orakpo, he has been solid, at times very solid, but you can get solid Linebackers in free agency, with a first rounder you want a guy you build your defence around. Rak doesnt fit this scheme, physically he should as he is the prototype, however his skill set is that of a 4-3 end not a 3-4 OLB as we have seen. he gets by on athleticism but in the right scheme he would more than be worth his contract and draft status. when he leaves here some team will get a steal.

Which is why I left the other Redskins forum

That is where the inspiration for this thread came from.

My apologies to anyone here offended by the title. I was really just trying to express how refreshing this site is in comparison to past sites I have posted on.

WTF is this about? No one has ever confused CP with Ladainian Tomlinson, but the dude was not a slouch by any means. Orakpo has 28.5 sacks Just 3 years into his young career. Ware had 33.5 at the end of his third year; however Orakpo is amongst league leaders in drawing holding calls (he is mugged), and has dealt with a position change. Patience haters...for it is a virtue.

This isn't a site where we call people 'haters' because they have a different viewpoint. If you disagree with someone specifically, just address the argument. Throwing the 'haters' label out there isn't going to result in a meaningful conversation. Ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.