• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'll Have Another Will Not Run In Belmont

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
What a shame, I thought he had a real shot at the Triple Crown. Oh well, hope everything is ok.

They aren't saying what's wrong, but I bet $100 the horse tested positive for PEDs. The owner and trainer have been busted multiple times before.

Last edited:
You have a bad habit of assuming the worst and speculating. The trainer was all over the radio today - the horse has tendonitis that has flared up again and could cripple him for life. They are doing the right thing and retiring him, rather than risk a terrible injury that might result in the horse being put down. How cool is it that the people who stand the most to gain from a Triple Crown-winning performance actually put the health of an animal over their own personal interest?

It's amazing when someone actually does the right thing. You should be applauding instead of throwing out speculative guesses that assume the worst.

You have a bad habit of assuming the worst and speculating.
You're right, but when an owner pulls a triple crown favorite out of a race, then waits several hours to explain why, and both he and the trainer have been fined multiple times for horse doping and steroid use, it kinda looks a little suspect. Besides, if I assume the worst, and the best happens, I can never be let down :)

The trainer was all over the radio today - the horse has tendonitis that has flared up again and could cripple him for life. They are doing the right thing and retiring him, rather than risk a terrible injury that might result in the horse being put down.
Yeah, but was that before or after the owner paraded him around on tv, acknowledging that he was walking fine, and said that even if he ran it would likely not have an ill effect, and that it was a very minor injury in his words?

How cool is it that the people who stand the most to gain from a Triple Crown-winning performance actually put the health of an animal over their own personal interest?
Very cool, and if the story is true, I applaud it. I'm a huge animal lover.

It's amazing when someone actually does the right thing. You should be applauding instead of throwing out speculative guesses that assume the worst.
I base my assumption entirely on the history of those involved, and the owner's words.

It's like if someone had a long rap sheet for car theft, then he served his time and got out, then cars started turning up stolen in his neighborhood......whether he was involved or not, wouldn't it be fair to assume right off the bat it was him?

It's not exactly like these two were squeaky clean guys. They're shady. My assumption, based on the circumstances, was entirely fair in this situation.

Any pick today Extreme?

You have a bad habit of assuming the worst and speculating. The trainer was all over the radio today - the horse has tendonitis that has flared up again and could cripple him for life. They are doing the right thing and retiring him, rather than risk a terrible injury that might result in the horse being put down. How cool is it that the people who stand the most to gain from a Triple Crown-winning performance actually put the health of an animal over their own personal interest?

i'm not willing to go that far with it. it's certainly possible that they are truly putting the horse's health first.

but i can't help but wonder if the value of the horse is higher having not run the race, than it would have been running and losing; and how much that played into the decision.

i have no evidence to back that up so take it however you want :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.