• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com: Rob Ryan says Cowboys' D was 'beaten down'

Califan007

The Rookie
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-d-was-beaten-down?module=HP11_headline_stack

Rob Ryan's constant chatter last season would have bordered on entertaining if he'd backed any of it up.

After telling us the Dallas Cowboys had the NFL's most talented defense, it was discovered almost immediately they possessed nothing close.

Ryan's bluster was ultimately a distraction. Entering his second season as the Cowboys' defensive coordinator, he paused this week to explain his tendency for hyperbole.

"Those guys had been beaten down so much that, in my opinion, I don't think they had the confidence to go forward," Ryan told Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com.

It's an indirect shot at Wade Phillips after the Cowboys allowed the most points in franchise history in 2010. Ryan tightened the floodgates last season (they finished 16th in points allowed), but his sometimes overly complicated scheme asked a lot of players. We saw them struggle too often.

Ryan isn't taking back any of his words. He still believes last year's Cowboys oozed talent -- "I don't know, it's a hell of a lot better than what I had in Cleveland," Ryan said.

This is the problem with over exposure in the media. Rob and Rex just need to shut their mouths and let their product do the talking or else they continue to open themselves up for ridicule.

On 2nd thought...keep talking trash you over inflated mouth! Morris Claiborne will be ruined by him! He won't be the player he could have been had he gone to a defense with a DC who actually knows how to teach his players.

Ryan's bluster was ultimately a distraction.

You know, for any article about any of the Ryans, you could just write this line over and over again until the copy space is filled up.

You know, for any article about any of the Ryans, you could just write this line over and over again until the copy space is filled up.

:thumbsup: Lanky Livingston likes this post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.