• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Watch The Transit Of Venus Across The Face Of The Sun

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/

This image is being recorded by the Solar Dynamics Observatory, and will allow you to watch the transit of Venus across the face of the Sun. It's one of the rarest celestial events, and will not be visible again until 2117.

You have about a 6 hour window to view it, which will start at 6:10pm EST and end just after Midnight.

The image within the link will be updated constantly, so refresh the image if you don't see Venus during that time, and it will refresh with the correct image.

Thanks for the link - was hoping to find a way to watch it and this is perfect. Mind if I pass it along to various friends?

I'm hoping just to see the sun sometime soon. With all the rain and clouds will be lucky to see this.

Thanks for the link - was hoping to find a way to watch it and this is perfect. Mind if I pass it along to various friends?
Feel free, spread the word. I've heard people tlk about doing the pinhole viewer trick, but I tried that with an eclipse back around 93/94ish, and it didn't work at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.