• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chris Cooley Camp - Thank yous and Notes

KDawg

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
College at Brockport
I don't know how many of you were there, but any of you that brought your kids, thank you. This was my third year involved with the camp and each and every year has brought about new challenges and a ton of fun. This group of kids was absolutely incredible.

Chris looked very good and had nothing but high praise for Griffin. Cooley is a class act, the guy just gets it. He definitely enjoyed being out there with the kids, and his friend Preston is a stand up guy as well. They were all over the field coaching kids up, running around with them, etc. It was absolutely incredible, and the guy took time out of his day to show up and get involved with the areas youth. Incredible.

Pro Camps put on the camp. They do camps all over the US for various sports. Check them out on their website (www.procamps.com)

As an aside, and something that I'm proud of... I won Coach of the Camp this year. But to me, to be quite honest, there wasn't a single coach there not worthy of that award. Those kids were focused, learned a lot and were extremely well behaved. Each coach deserved an award, I was lucky enough to get it, but I probably wasn't even the most deserving. It was an incredible honor to be around such talented people.

And a special thanks to Fairfax HS for putting this thing on each and every year. The Runnin' Rebels rock.

good deal KDawg!

I recall attending one of these things at RFK in the 60s...long time ago...led by Charlie Taylor. What an experience for a kid!

Cool stuff...thanks for sharing and congrats on the recognition, no doubt it was well-deserved :cheers:

good deal KDawg!

I recall attending one of these things at RFK in the 60s...long time ago...led by Charlie Taylor. What an experience for a kid!

The best part was Chris playing in the games with the littler kids. He'd run in, play quarterback and just had a general good time. Those kids had quite the experience!!!

Cool stuff...thanks for sharing and congrats on the recognition, no doubt it was well-deserved :cheers:

Deserved or not, it was certainly an honor. Thanks, Boone!

Congrats KDawg. I know how much that means to you. Makes all those hours worth while doesn't it?

Also, being a Fairfax High alum ('88)....yeah..we're pretty damn cool aren't we? :)

Congrats, dude! Hope you got some badass Cooley-signed stuff also! He will always be one of my favorite Redskins, no matter what happens this offseason. Stuff like this is one of the major reasons why!

Utah,

Yeah. It means a lot. I HATE individual awards and attention, to be honest. I'd prefer the focus to be on the team, and the people around in general. I don't need attention. But, at the same time... It feels good to be recognized. So it certainly does mean a lot. And it was an honor to get it.

Lanky,

Thanks brother. Won an autographed jersey. As far as Cooley being a class act, I couldn't agree more. He is one of the nicest athletes I've met and I'd love for him to retire a 'Skin.

Congrats KDawg! Sounds like a fantastic experience all the way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.