• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zorn/Campbell inside the headset (VIDEO)

This is a MUST SEE in my opinion. Seriously, we all wring our hands, conjecture, spout theories ... it's what we do. It doesn't change the reality of what we watched against the Rams, but honestly, don't you think you learned more about who Zorn and Campbell are 'being there' for those snippets than by reading 1000 articles from the experts?

It's impossible not to like Zorn, and admire Campbell...at least it is for me. I want so badly for them to have success together. They are quintessential nice guys, and the desire and passion is there. And anyone who doesn't think Campbell is smart - well, all I have to say on that is that 99% of us couldn't manage and execute even the simplest of NFL plays correctly - I believe that.

Pretty incredible video - how cool is it that NFL fans get this kind of access to the on-the-field reality. I had to laugh at the handshake at the end...'I appreciate what you did at the end...I really do'. That could be taken a couple of ways :)

Completely agree.

As much as I did not like what happened on the field against the Rams, it's clear that they tried to do things against the Rams.

Thought the exchange where Zorn's like: "I'm just going to run it because we can't seem to hold onto anything" was interesting.

I also like Steve Spagnuolo at the end saying this was like an old NFC East game.

Very cool, thanks ESR. Boone-I think you're right-this kind of thing helps-interesting insights into what's going on.

Very interesting look into the game.

The #1 thing I take away from that is....

Jim Zorn is either a lot bigger than I thought, or Spags is a pretty small guy. :)

Changed my opinion of Zorn after last week.

Interesting how he decided to go run on the third Red Zone drive b/c he didn't feel that guys would hold onto the ball.

I wish the O-line would block when they have plays dialed up for Moss.....this happened a few times in 2008 as well and every time we have a WR wide open, Campbell gets pressured or sacked.

I can see why he was hired as a HC and I hope that the FO will be patient enough for him to get where he needs to be.

Enlightening. Never occurred to me that Zorn started calling runs because he might not trust the receivers. amazing how we all, and I do mean all, assumed that it was because he didn't trust Campbell.

Very cool video! Amazingly insightful. Nice to see that they're making an effort to get Moss involved, and I never really considered the motivation for a run-heavy attack in the red zone was based upon the inability to catch.

Still, would like see Kelly get a shot at a fade, or even Marko. I know the kids a rookie, but he's proven he can jump, so why not at least try at some point in the first half?

Above all, it definitely made me feel a little more optimistic. Expect, of course, the part where Zorn goes "That was our best play. Couldn't even get a foot."

Changed my opinion of Zorn after last week.

Interesting how he decided to go run on the third Red Zone drive b/c he didn't feel that guys would hold onto the ball.

This is the one part of the video that rubbed me the wrong way - its a defeatist-type attitude. "We aren't catching it, so let's give up on that."

NO.

Try throwing to some other guys! Put Mitchell and Kelly in! Put Betts in, put Mason in. Do something else. Don't give up on throwing just because we dropped two TD passes. That aggravated me.

But I do agree, great video, and very interesting to see it from the coach/QB perspective.

Enlightening. Never occurred to me that Zorn started calling runs because he might not trust the receivers. amazing how we all, and I do mean all, assumed that it was because he didn't trust Campbell.

Technically, I said he didn't call fade routes because he doesn't trust Campbell, but not really sure after this video. I think Zorn just hates fade routes.

HE'S SHOOTING AT THESE FADE ROUTES!! STAY AWAY FROM THE FADE ROUTES!!

That was enjoyable, thanks...although I didn't really like his reasoning for running the ball in the red zone. We were catching the ball just fine between the 20s. Besides, I'd prefer a dropped pass in the end zone than a run that gets stuffed, because at least I'd know we tried. :)

It was funny how Spags said "I appreciate what you did at the end." Not sure if he was being facetious, as in "thanks for keeping us in the game," or if he just meant that it took guts to do it. I actually loved the decisions to go for it on both 4th downs, but was less thrilled with the decisions to run in the red zone, regardless of the reason.

Good video.

I'm pretty sure Spags was referring to us kneeling down when we got the ball back, instead of trying to punch one in. It was the sportsmnalike thing to do.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Good call, you're probably right. I didn't even think about that.

I think even Spags knew how impotent our RZ offense looked, and how a TD would have been a morale booster. Instead, we knelt and took the ugly victory. A defeated Rams team would have been ripe to give up a touchdown - but I prefer taking the knee. Belicheat would have run up the score, and I'm glad Zorn is not a total dbag like that arsehole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.