• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Yahoo Sports: The Arm (merged)

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
The power is so great the Washington Redskins don't describe their prodigy's throwing as a verb but rather a noun.

"The Arm," they say. And every conversation about Robert Griffin III includes some mention of "The Arm" because those players who have experienced it don't appear to have seen something quite like "The Arm" before.

The Redskins traded up to select Robert Griffin III with the second pick in this year's NFL draft. (AP)They try to describe it, putting into words the strength that awes them. And as they do, the stories get larger and seemingly more preposterous, except that the men don't smile when they tell them. They say "The Arm" is real, even if their attempts to make it come to life sound ridiculous.

"It's more of running to your left and flicking your wrist and throwing the ball 70 yards," Washington's backup quarterback Rex Grossman said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Then he shook his head.

"His arm almost comes off like a whip," Grossman added, holding his own hand above his head, then flinging it forward about a foot in a vain attempt to demonstrate the way Griffin throws.

It looks a lot like the way Michael Vick throws, Grossman finally said. Perhaps nobody in the NFL throws the ball harder with seemingly less effort than Vick. Except maybe now, RG III.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...earned-legendary-status-at-redskins-camp.html

Yahoo Sports: Robert Griffin III's arm has already earned legendary status at Redskin

By Les Carpenter

ASHBURN, Va. – The power is so great the Washington Redskins don't describe their prodigy's throwing as a verb but rather a noun.

"The Arm," they say. And every conversation about Robert Griffin III includes some mention of "The Arm" because those players who have experienced it don't appear to have seen something quite like "The Arm" before.

The Redskins traded up to select Robert Griffin III with the second pick in this year's NFL draft. (AP)They try to describe it, putting into words the strength that awes them. And as they do, the stories get larger and seemingly more preposterous, except that the men don't smile when they tell them. They say "The Arm" is real, even if their attempts to make it come to life sound ridiculous.

"It's more of running to your left and flicking your wrist and throwing the ball 70 yards," Washington's backup quarterback Rex Grossman said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Then he shook his head.

"His arm almost comes off like a whip," Grossman added, holding his own hand above his head, then flinging it forward about a foot in a vain attempt to demonstrate the way Griffin throws.

It looks a lot like the way Michael Vick throws, Grossman finally said. Perhaps nobody in the NFL throws the ball harder with seemingly less effort than Vick. Except maybe now, RG III.

Click here for the rest

------------------------

The visual of Rex trying to imitate Griffin's throwing motion has to be hilarious, like a noodle trying to imitate a cannon. :laugh:

Last edited:
You know, I gotta say I still like Rex Grossman. I hope he never sees the field in a Redskins' uniform ever...ever...ever again! But you gotta admire a guy who signs a one year deal with the team that you were the #1 QB to come back and sit behind a rookie, then go out and genuinely compliment the kid.

Flick of the wrist 70 yards? Dayum!

OK Goal, great minds and all ;)
Somebody please merge.

Oh no. Sonny Jurgensen's arm with mobility.

I don't think Redskins fans are ready for it.

Not after being told that Jason Campbell, John Beck, Rex Grossman, Mark Brunell, Tony Banks, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews were the answer :laugh:

I wish RG3 would generate less media buzz...which I know is impossible given it's the Skins. I just worry about the fact that he might feel the need to do too much too early. I know the kid has a great head on his shoulders, but the jump from Baylor to the Skins with regards to exposure is exponential...

RG3 is too relaxed with the media to let them get to him. If he doesn't believe in the media jinx then it won't happen.

The thing about him that totally impressed me in his media interaction, was one of his first media events. A plane was flying over-head while a reporter was asking him a question, so RG3 had to pause a while. The reporter thanked him for waiting for the plane to fly over, and RG3 replied, "No problem. We got all day"......never seen an athlete enjoy such a media event, and be willing to patiently take his time, and offer to stay all day (though probably not literally)......with the exceptions of athletes who are attention whores. Basically, RG3 seemed like it was all about respect towards the reporters, and not simply for his own exposure or circus show, like a T.O. would, or a costume-wearing Clinton Portis. I have nothing against Portis. But RG3 is on another level.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.